Today's shooting in America thread

Haha tucker carlson leading with that. Says biden is a ghoul for trying to politicize it. asks why he cant wait Out of respect for the dead. Well, maybe joe is responding to last weeks mass shooting. has an acceptable amount of time passed to reference that one?
He’s busying himself for tomorrow’s show with a dazzling array of anti Dem evidence…….

Must say, I feel a tad exhausted after this one, best to turn off and go for a walk

Until reasonable gunowners demand changes in access to firearms, and restrictions on the types of firearms that can be accessed even by said reasonable gunowners, and lead that charge, this will never stop.

But they won’t — ever — because IMO they’ve nearly all bought the NRA’s agitprop hook, line and sinker — that any attempt to restrict gun access is an assault on 2A. That any restriction is a slippery slope toward evisceration.

I know ten gunowners, including our resident one. All save one feels this way. They hunt and/or they have weapons for self-protection. They are decent, upstanding, high quality guys (they are all guys). It doesn’t matter. All save one is firmly against any and all new restrictions, especially on weapon type. Don’t even bring up concealed carry. Don’t even bring up aggressively higher taxes. 2A, 2A — “shall not be abridged” — 2A, 2A.

And because they won’t — ever — care about how non-gunowners feel (“your feelings can be fixed by buying and learning to use a gun”, one said), this won’t ever stop.
So they just accept that people including children are going to get killed daily and are content for this mad status quo to continue. Do they not realise that when you take guns out of society this killings reduce dramatically. I'm 54 and I can recall three mass shootings in the UK one in Hungerford in the 80s after which assault rifles were outlawed, Dublane the 90s after which hand guns were banned. The last I can recall was in Cumbria about 15 yrs ago. I think that involved a shotgun. But for a country of 65m people they are very rare occurrences. I simply don't feel the need to carry a gun as in the UK as so few people have them.

So they just accept that people including children are going to get killed daily and are content for this mad status quo to continue. Do they not realise that when you take guns out of society this killings reduce dramatically. I'm 54 and I can recall three mass shootings in the UK one in Hungerford in the 80s after which assault rifles were outlawed, Dublane the 90s after which hand guns were banned. The last I can recall was in Cumbria about 15 yrs ago. I think that involved a shotgun. But for a country of 65m people they are very rare occurrences. I simply don't feel the need to carry a gun as in the UK as so few people have them.
1. Yes.
2. Yes. But they’re "responsible gunowners", so not from THEM. They’re special, you see.
3, 4, 5 and 6. Rational acts after irrational events.
7. Nor do I, when I’m there. I don’t here either, for the same reason I don’t get LASIK or go skydiving. The off chance of something really bad happening isn’t worth the positive benefit I’d probably get from the service/product.

As I’ve said before, I support 2A and the rights of regular citizens to own basic, simple guns, sufficient for self-protection, hunting (kill to eat, not mowing down wild boars from a helicopter, which a friend of mine does as pest control in Texas — but he’s an ex-Marine), and target shooting. Other than that: ban, tax and regulate the motherfucking shit out of the product. Make it effectively so difficult and expensive to own anything beyond basic weaponry that the nation runs a budget surplus if any are purchased. I am for registration, background checks and storage rules (which exist), and (I think) random in home checks by law enforcement to ensure rules are followed, just as the fire department checks my property annually to make sure my trees are cut not to overhang power lines. And hefty, hefty penalties for non-compliance.

Last edited:
I am confused about guns for self protection and storage rules. Jim Jefferies did a very good routine about gun control, it highlights the folly of the notion of guns for self-protection. How bad is America when you think that you need a guy to protect yourself, if there were no guns in circulation would a feeling that you need a gun at home still exist?
I am not having a go at America or it's rules and regulations, it is their own business, I am just confused that there does not seem to be a drive to tackle the problem at the root cause.

1. Yes.
2. Yes. But they’re responsible, so not from THEM. They’re special.
3, 4, 5 and 6. Rational acts after irrational events.
7. Nor do I, when I’m there. I don’t here either, for the same reason I don’t get LASIK or go skydiving. The off chance of something really bad happening isn’t worth the positive benefit I’d probably get from the service/product.

As I’ve said before, I support 2A and the rights of regular citizens to own basic, simple guns, sufficient for self-protection, hunting (kill to eat, not mowing down wild boars from a helicopter, which a friend of mine does as pest control in Texas — he’s an ex-Marine), and target shooting. Other than that: ban, tax and regulate the motherfucking shit out of the product. Make it effectively so difficult and expensive to own anything beyond basic weaponry that the nation runs a budget surplus if any are purchased. I am for registration, background checks and storage rules (which exist), and (I think) random in home checks by law enforcement to ensure rules are followed, just as the fire department checks my property annually to make sure my trees are cut not to overhang power lines. And hefty, hefty non-compliance laws.
Do you not think the 2A was written in different times and was for the protection of the nation not individuals. Personally I think it is antiquated.

The 2nd Amendment argument is so antiquated.

I'm no historian, but I'm fairly certain the founders were concerned with a bunch of guys in red coats and powdered wigs coming to tax their tea, and would be mortified that their ideas are continuously used to defend the mass murder of school children.

And if not, well they also said only rich white men could vote and that black people were only worth 3/5 a person so maybe it's time to revisit some of their beliefs.

But hey as long as the Republican officials can rile up their base and create manufactured outrage to generate votes, and in turn donations and increased spend into the NRA and gun industry (who they of course receive a steady stream of political donations from) nothing will change.

A very mutually beneficial parasitic relationship they've got going there.

Last edited:
I am confused about guns for self protection and storage rules. Jim Jefferies did a very good routine about gun control, it highlights the folly of the notion of guns for self-protection. How bad is America when you think that you need a guy to protect yourself, if there were no guns in circulation would a feeling that you need a gun at home still exist?
I am not having a go at America or it's rules and regulations, it is their own business, I am just confused that there does not seem to be a drive to tackle the problem at the root cause.

I think we’re striving with a livable compromise with a Pandora’s box already open, 2A enshrined in the Constitution and a stringent amendment process (2/3rds of state legislatures must approve) and a nation steeped in frontier culture, of which guns played a big role inthe taming of the wild lands west of Interstate 55. But one cannot discount the rise to prominence of the NRA as a terrorist . . . errrrr . . . lobbying organization.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.