Today's shooting in America thread

The Texas shooter had a LEGALLY owned AR-15 style rifle. As far as I remember all recent mass shooting events have been carried out with LEGALLY owned firearms by individuals who had questionable mental health concerns prior to the shooting events, and many of the shooter were under the age of 25.

So immediately;
  1. Increase the minimum age for the purchase of firearms
  2. Licence to own any gun mandatory
  3. Conditions of licence includes mandatory background checks (mental health and criminal record/history)
  4. Register all firearms and make the private sale and transfer reportable
All of the above should be an ABSOLUTE MINIMUM and would GUARANTEE a reduction in gun violence. But it's never going to happen because the firearms industry in the USA is all too powerful. When you consider that the USA accounts for approximately 4.25% of the worlds population but almost HALF the civilian owned guns on the planet that tells you everything you need to know. Profit and corporate greed over the sanctity of human life.

Different story when it comes to telling women what they can and can't do with their own bodies though.

"The National Rifle Association (NRA) is expected to host its annual meeting as planned this weekend in Houston, days after the deadly school shooting in Uvalde that killed 19 children. It is expected to draw 55,000 people."

They couldn't give a flying fuck!
Trump is apparently one of the speakers at the event.

I see your point, but we used to burn witches in the UK. We don't anymore and no-one complains that they can't do that anymore. If you take guns out or society the murders will stop. It's that simple. Poor old Johnny redneck won't be able to carry a gun, look big and shoot wildlife but so what.

I know what kind of society I would prefer to live in.

I listened to Ted Cruz right after the attack defending the right to have a gun. He had a totally irrational and impossible argument as a reposnse to these murders along the lines that the law enforcement authorities must do more to stop the criminals carrying out the attrocites. Clearly no explanation as to how they go about this without crystal balls. The bloke is an idiot.
Background checks may help but we don't want to infringe anyone's rights do we?

Whilst Trump is cozying up to the NRA this weekend.

A real President is at the helm

‘When in God's name are we going to stand up to the gun lobby?" he said.

"Why are we willing to live with this carnage? Why do we keep letting this happen?"

Mr Biden, whose first wife and young daughter were killed in a car crash, added: "To lose a child is like having a piece of your soul ripped away.

"There's a hollowness in your chest. You feel like you're being sucked into it and never going to be able to get out."

He told Americans it was "time we turned this pain into action".

One thing I've never understood with automatic and semi-automatic rifles is what's the logic behind them being legal? Pistols I could understand for self-defence, shotguns for home invasion, hunting rifles for hunting, but what use is a machine gun other than for killing a lot of people quickly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.