Tokyo 2020 Olympics/Paralympics

Hannah Cockcroft won gold with a new world record earlier ,the men won gold in the wheelchair rugby and johhny peacock races this afternoon,lovely

As someone unfamiliar with paralympic sports, is it considered taboo to discuss what each of the disability categories are? I've noticed in the BBC website reporting they never explain what each category is when discussing results.

On another note, chuffed to see Sophie Hahn's continued success. I randomly met her in some Nottinghamshire village without knowing who she was a few years ago and she was an absolutely delightful person to interact with.

As someone unfamiliar with paralympic sports, is it considered taboo to discuss what each of the disability categories are? I've noticed in the BBC website reporting they never explain what each category is when discussing results.

On another note, chuffed to see Sophie Hahn's continued success. I randomly met her in some Nottinghamshire village without knowing who she was a few years ago and she was an absolutely delightful person to interact with.
You can ask anything, the last leg every night has an is it ok question session and take the piss out of the sports , they have been going since 2012 and have the disabled sports people on and celebrate the medals , the classifications are complicated , channel four explain before each section , the bbc probably have no idea

You can ask anything, the last leg every night has an is it ok question session and take the piss out of the sports , they have been going since 2012 and have the disabled sports people on and celebrate the medals , the classifications are complicated , channel four explain before each section , the bbc probably have no idea
Cheers

I find it funny when they refer to a minor disability as just missing part of a limb. Think C4 coverage has been brilliant tbh. They usually do get around to discussing the different classifications especially when they have the same event being done by different groups.

I find it funny when they refer to a minor disability as just missing part of a limb. Think C4 coverage has been brilliant tbh. They usually do get around to discussing the different classifications especially when they have the same event being done by different groups.
Yeah channel four do a great job of this every time , i like we have a light hearted prog in the last leg , one of my fav shows , never missed one since 2012

What a sad cheat CJ Ujah is. Whats worse is now his team mates lose their silver medals aswel.
Cost 3 teammates Olympic medals and ruined 4 athletes moment on the podium from the country that finished 4th, idiot.

That's his career over and it's a massive shame because he was a part of one of Britains greatest medals when they won gold in 4x100m at the 2017 World Champs.

That said he won't be the only one doing it, the others just hide it better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.