Tommy Booth - was he any good?

Great performance in the 68/69 fa cup semi final against the favourites, everton, when he scored and did a man marking job on Alan ball

tommy would hardly be as high on our all-time list of appearances if he were a donkey, would he?

He was a great player and on the few occasions that I have met him, he's come across as a real gent.

Mr reliable was Tommy...... and could find the net with his head too !.... but loyal to the club and never one to moan or groan... a true City player...

going back a bit but i seem to remember him making his debut at huddesfield, heslop was injured so tommy got a game, i reckon he was about 19. not sure but i thought he'd broke his nose first game.

I think whoever said it will find that Alan Ball was man marked by Dave Connor in the semi final. For some reason Dave could always be relied on to suppress Ball, not may others in England could do that.

tommy booth was an excellent player, coming into the side in 1968-69 when he was only 19 and giving city many years of sterling service. joe or malcolm (or both) said he was the best english footballing centre half in years and once in the england team would be there for a very long time. sadly that never happened.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.