Tommy Boyata?

jimharri said:
buzzer1 said:
Had a mad thought at the Swamp the other night, it just randomly came to me that this man reminds me of Tommy Caton(R.I.P.),obviously the way he plays only, anybody else get this?
He'll need bigger hair!

Hey Jim, d'ya reckon you'll get booted out if you go with your face painted with a fuk off big yellow perm? i might do this in a few week, i've been meaning to get the Tommy wig out and give it some air time.(see what i did there?)

buzzer1 said:
jimharri said:
He'll need bigger hair!

Hey Jim, d'ya reckon you'll get booted out if you go with your face painted with a fuk off big yellow perm? i might do this in a few week, i've been meaning to get the Tommy wig out and give it some air time.(see what i did there?)
If you go with a yellow and green perm, you'll DEFINITELY get kicked out!!

jimharri said:
buzzer1 said:
If you go with a yellow and green perm, you'll DEFINITELY get kicked out!!

HA HA Fuk that mate,shudder the thought of it man.

God Almighty...I didn't even know that Tommy Caton had died, especially so young. That's what happens when you (ie. me, not Tommy) spend the last 18 years living overseas. Am absolutely gutted...has anybody else died?

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Caton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Caton</a>

Tbilisi said:
buzzer1 said:
Had a mad thought at the Swamp the other night, it just randomly came to me that this man reminds me of Tommy Caton(R.I.P.),obviously the way he plays only, anybody else get this?

Tommy was all left foot God bless him,thought you were going to mention Tommy Booth who I do think he reminds me of.

In the first leg he was more like Tommy the landlord from The Elizabethan in Whitefield, he was much improved at the swamp though, unlike Tommy the landlord.

Looks like Roberto is thinking of giving him a rest

taken from the o/s........

Roberto Mancini is pondering the right time to pull teenager Dedryck Boyata out of the fray but promising to keep giving youth its fling at City.
The Belgian youngster has made a huge impression on everyone after leap-frogging more established names and landing in the heart of the defence. Not least amongst his new admirers is the manager who entrusted him with two semi-final outings against United.

However, football wisdom says that there comes a time when a young player has to be taken out of the limelight and goes back to learning his trade.

As Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott prepare to return and Nedum Onuoha’s fitness is assured then Boyata may soon reach that point.

Dedryck was lucky because when I arrived here we had a lot of players out with injuries. He joined in our training sessions, and I could see that he was a good player

...Mancini on Boyata

“I thought that he could do well for us at that time but also that he could be a good player for us for the future. He is still young, but he did very well at Old Trafford. I'm pleased with him.

“Dedryck does not have much experience now but after he has played five, seven or 10 matches he will have learned a lot and will be comfortable around other players. He has good players around him and playing at Old Trafford, against someone like Wayne Rooney or Ryan Giggs is a great way to learn for him.”

And Mancini, who has former Academy manager Andy Welsh and coach Brian Kidd on his senior staff, has an eye on more of the youngsters after blooding Greg Cunningham and Abdisalam Ibrahim in the FA Cup at Scunthorpe.

“It's important for the Academy that we have young players like Dedryck in the team, and it is good experience for the young players. They can learn from training with the rest of the team, and if they do well they will have a chance,” he promised.

“There are some other good players from the Academy and I hope we can play more of them. But what they need to remember is just because they are playing in or training with the first team that is not the end of the story just the beginning.

“Now is when it gets difficult, so they need to work hard and have the right mentality. It's important that they keep their feet on the ground. This is when you really start to learn how to be a footballer.”

bluevengence said:
Looks like Roberto is thinking of giving him a rest

taken from the o/s........

Roberto Mancini is pondering the right time to pull teenager Dedryck Boyata out of the fray but promising to keep giving youth its fling at City.
The Belgian youngster has made a huge impression on everyone after leap-frogging more established names and landing in the heart of the defence. Not least amongst his new admirers is the manager who entrusted him with two semi-final outings against United.

However, football wisdom says that there comes a time when a young player has to be taken out of the limelight and goes back to learning his trade.

As Kolo Toure and Joleon Lescott prepare to return and Nedum Onuoha’s fitness is assured then Boyata may soon reach that point.

Dedryck was lucky because when I arrived here we had a lot of players out with injuries. He joined in our training sessions, and I could see that he was a good player

...Mancini on Boyata

“I thought that he could do well for us at that time but also that he could be a good player for us for the future. He is still young, but he did very well at Old Trafford. I'm pleased with him.

“Dedryck does not have much experience now but after he has played five, seven or 10 matches he will have learned a lot and will be comfortable around other players. He has good players around him and playing at Old Trafford, against someone like Wayne Rooney or Ryan Giggs is a great way to learn for him.”

And Mancini, who has former Academy manager Andy Welsh and coach Brian Kidd on his senior staff, has an eye on more of the youngsters after blooding Greg Cunningham and Abdisalam Ibrahim in the FA Cup at Scunthorpe.

“It's important for the Academy that we have young players like Dedryck in the team, and it is good experience for the young players. They can learn from training with the rest of the team, and if they do well they will have a chance,” he promised.

“There are some other good players from the Academy and I hope we can play more of them. But what they need to remember is just because they are playing in or training with the first team that is not the end of the story just the beginning.

“Now is when it gets difficult, so they need to work hard and have the right mentality. It's important that they keep their feet on the ground. This is when you really start to learn how to be a footballer.”
Thanks mate, good read that, he is gonna be the man imo but maybe he will go with Micah and Vinny on sunday and put Zabs at tright back?

lionheart said:
God Almighty...I didn't even know that Tommy Caton had died, especially so young. That's what happens when you (ie. me, not Tommy) spend the last 18 years living overseas. Am absolutely gutted...has anybody else died?

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Caton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Caton</a>

Kazzi Deyna(mispelt i know). He died quite a few years ago now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_Deyna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_Deyna</a>

Not taking anything away from Tommy caton, but TBH in the last 40 years there have only been 2 world class centre halves at our club, Tommy Booth and Dave Watson, and in all honesty, this lad Boyata, is as good in the air as both of them, he is better than both with his footwork and close control, and has what every truly world class sportsman has, 'Timing', the tackle he made in the game against Borough was as good as I have seen.
don't underestimate this lad, Mancini, obviously is able to see just how much potential he has got and I am very hopeful we have uncovered a massive player for our future.
he is still very young, and will, like all defenders make mistakes from time to time, but with his phenominal aerial ability, I'm over the bluemoon about him as a prospect.
This guy is in my humble opinion bound for greatness.
CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.