Tommy Doyle | On loan at Wolves

I know we can't keep all of them but I do wonder if we under estimate how much a lot of these lads will improve between say 19 and 22. with games aand physical development.
Taking Tommy as an example I don't think he ever got another go after the cup game at Cheltenham .
Maybe we prefer to take the moneybox it's a shame we can't farm them out to a group club and see how they go for a couple of years. Would be a good use of the group imo.
Game time at a high level is key. We can't offer that, can't even get Phillips a game.

Getting a few £m and a decent sell on fee is as good as we can do sometimes and to be honest it's far better than most prem clubs get from there academy's.

Good luck to him.

I think every, single City fan would like Tommy Doyle to be here, Cole Palmer, Tosin, and others too. We just have to accept that at the level we are at, there is little opportunity to give young players the extended game time that they need for their development, while maintaining the level of our performances. We also have to accept that some players are not as patient as we might like them to be. Good luck to Tommy and the others for great careers in the game, wherever they may be.

I think every, single City fan would like Tommy Doyle to be here, Cole Palmer, Tosin, and others too. We just have to accept that at the level we are at, there is little opportunity to give young players the extended game time that they need for their development, while maintaining the level of our performances. We also have to accept that some players are not as patient as we might like them to be. Good luck to Tommy and the others for great careers in the game, wherever they may be.

There's the romanticism with Doyle which made me want him to stay and succeed with us. But he'll always be a blue and I hope he has an excellent career.

Joao Gomes red card has really kicked Tommy’s Wolves career into gear. Very good again yesterday , has a bit of personality about him on the pitch nothing phases him and he has a real maturity.

Love Joao but he has a real fight on now to win his shirt back.
Interesting to get a different perspective, thanks

Joao Gomes red card has really kicked Tommy’s Wolves career into gear. Very good again yesterday , has a bit of personality about him on the pitch nothing phases him and he has a real maturity.

Love Joao but he has a real fight on now to win his shirt back.
Thought he played well but very deep for Wolves yesterday.
His passing was accurate and he hit some dangerous balls into the WBA six-yard box, but nobody on the end of them.
Unfortunately, I don't think he is mobile enough for City, under Pep.
We need a shadow/reserve for Rodri in midfield.
Kovatic is doing ok alongside Rodders, but we need someone who can fill-in for him when he inevitably gets suspended.
As Rodri covers acres, I'm hoping Kova will grow into that stand alone, holding role.
Doyle would be a dream shadow/reserve for Rodri, but is he nimble and fast enough for City ?

Could he be the reserve stand in for the Kovacic role?
I think him and McAtee could easily be part of a squad and get 20/25 games each.
Guess it’s whether that would be enough for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.