Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

Wolves paying all wages apparently.

Makes sense for him and for us. Shame he’s ultimately been used as bait for the Nunes deal but good that he’s got a Prem move.

Will improve under O’Neill.

What can we expect from Tommy? Is he first team ready? Assuming he will know Joe hodge and Harvey griffiths well?

I do wonder if he's a PL standard player but it goes without saying that I hope he absolutely smashes it there.
I wasn't sure if he'd get there or not since he floundered a bit with the HSV loan. He played well for Cardiff but then sat on the bench for a few games at the start of the season for Sheffield Utd which made me a bit nervous for his future. After that though he became a key player for them and you won't find a single fan of theirs who doesn't have something good to say I bet. I have no doubt he's ready for the PL and can be a useful player for Wolves.

I'm a little surprised it's just a loan rather than a buy out-right with that cheap of an initial outlay, but it could be an FFP scenario.. we know they're having financial troubles.

Yeah 5m sounds cheap, but the 50% sell-on is a real difference-maker. For all nerds on here, let`s just do some calculations

Going off BM and social media there seems to be a general consensus that he should be worth around £15m this window. Let`s assume we rather had sold him for £15m, but as a result would have to include a much lower sell-on percentage, let`s just say 20% which was the case on Lavia, and seems quite common. The 2 alternatives would equal each other if Wolves sold him on for 33m some time in the future. However, for every additional million above this, we`d get 50% rather than 20% of it.

In other words, for any future fee above 33m this lower transfer fee (but higher sell-on percentage) option is beneficial. Can easily see Doyle being sold for more than 33m at some point in the future. For example: if Wolves sell him on for 50m in the future we`d receive in total 30m rather than 25m, and that gap would get bigger the bigger the transfer fee gets. Sounds like pretty good business to me

This surely means Wolves are skint now but will trigger the buy option for 5m next summer (and the sell-on clause being activated).
If not, we'll surely find a buyer above 5m.
Hope it's a good move for Tommy, wish him well.

He’s a good player no idea why Sheff United didn’t want him back when he was one of their stand out performers last season.
In terms of reported deal given he is out of contract in 2 seasons and isn’t in our immediate first team plans seems like good business for all side’s including Tommy.
Hope he prospers at Wolves good luck to one of our own

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.