Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

That's a little disappointing after the last season he had at the top of Championship. Their fans(at least online) seemed to love him and it looked certain that they will take him to PL.
I can think of Southampton going for him to replace JWP, if/when he leaves.
The PL loan rules may be impacting him going back to SUFC on loan at least. Perhaps we're in talks about a permanent sale with the usual buy-back/sell-on deals with more than the one club. SUFC are going to have a relatively limited pot and will need to look at other parts of the team if they're planning on staying up.

Just a case of finding him the right move,i think it will be a permanent one.

The Blades would have been ideal,but surprisingly they aren't showing much enthusiasm for his return.

He is probably in an odd place.....too good for the Championship,but still unproven at Prem level.......and clubs that would be a good fit do not want to hand out relatively hefty contracts to a potential gamble.

Im confident the club that gives him an opportunity will reap the rewards,but he may well have to take one step back to take two forward.

Sheffield United should look to sign him, but we'll be looking for the usual sale with a buy back/sell on clause and they might want more proven players themselves. I've always wanted to see Doyle make it at City with his family connections to the club, it would have been a fantastic story for all parties. He's definitely good enough to play in the prem in my opinion, and he's had a couple of seasons in the Championship and shown an upward trajectory despite being 21 still. If he can get assurances on game time another move to the Championship wouldn't be a bad one. It wouldn't be a bad move to loan him again either if the offers aren't there this summer.

Sheffield United should look to sign him, but we'll be looking for the usual sale with a buy back/sell on clause and they might want more proven players themselves. I've always wanted to see Doyle make it at City with his family connections to the club, it would have been a fantastic story for all parties. He's definitely good enough to play in the prem in my opinion, and he's had a couple of seasons in the Championship and shown an upward trajectory despite being 21 still. If he can get assurances on game time another move to the Championship wouldn't be a bad one. It wouldn't be a bad move to loan him again either if the offers aren't there this summer.

Id be keeping him ahead of Philips,he is far more reliable and has the City style engrained inside him,i think he has the intelligence and the awareness that Philips lacks.

He proved against Spurs in the Cup (for SUFC) that he is more than capable.

Id be keeping him ahead of Philips,he is far more reliable and has the City style engrained inside him,i think he has the intelligence and the awareness that Philips lacks.

The Phillips signing remains an odd one...keeping Lavia made much more sense...but we are where we are. Doyle is at least comfortable on the ball and capable of dictating the game where Kalvin's strength is intercepting play on the front foot but his weakness is an ability to also be an outlet and dictate the game from deep. He has a good passing range, but he's not going to play quick 1-2s and work his way up the pitch supporting players.

I think he’ll end up going back on loan to Sheffield Utd, maybe with an obligation to buy if they stay up

Interesting -

Do you think that he could play as a 6 in a single pivot or would he need another midfielder alongside him? Also is he good enough to play as an 8 for us? I too would like him to have a chance at City

Interesting -

Do you think that he could play as a 6 in a single pivot or would he need another midfielder alongside him? Also is he good enough to play as an 8 for us? I too would like him to have a chance at City

I think he is more than capable of performing the Rodri role,obviously to a far lesser degree.....but an effective one,in the more routine games,none the less.He definitely has the armoury to be a very decent deep lying midfielder,with the added bonus of being an excellent set piece taker.

Any news on this, guessing he will be loaned out again somewhere?

Much like THB......he had a very good season last year proving his ability at Championship level at least.Its odd that neither have been snapped up or at least have a queue of suitors waiting in the wings.

Perhaps clubs are playing it clever,hoping to get bargains towards the end of the window.

IMO both need selling,let them make careers for themselves.

Rumours that Celtic and Wolves are interested in him. IMO he is too good for the Scottish league but could see him being tempted as playing for Celtic almost guarantees domestic trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.