Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

You're reasoning is still flawed. Why do you think Chelsea sold Mount or City sold Palmer? They cost nothing let alone £5m and yet they've both gone despite being £60m & £42.5m players. Why didn't we hold on to them? Why have Brighton sold so many good players that cost them relatively little? You're stuck on this 50% figure, it's still a good profit for them.

Besides which they've sold around £150m of players this summer alone.
Do you think City would have sold Palmer if we had to give half of the £40m to someone else?

Yes, since he wanted to go and had evidently pissed Pep off. It would still be £20m profit on the books regardless. It's a business, not playschool.
Not a chance we would.

We wont budge on this difference imo, as it cant be proven.

But I dont see how any club sells a 50m player to make 25m. Only way is if the buying club massively overpays to make up for it.

Why do you think Lavia went for so much? And his was only 20%.

I bet his price would be lower if city didnt have that.

Anyway, Im not sure this discussion about the 50% sell on is worth a long discussion, I just find it odd.

Not a chance we would.

We wont budge on this difference imo, as it cant be proven.

But I dont see how any club sells a 50m player to make 25m. Only way is if the buying club massively overpays to make up for it.

Why do you think Lavia went for so much? And his was only 20%.

I bet his price would be lower if city didnt have that.

Anyway, Im not sure this discussion about the 50% sell on is worth a long discussion, I just find it odd.
In the current market, Lavia's fee was reasonable to say the least.

Caicedo would have been a much better example but the point remains you can't just keep a player indefinitely.

If he wants to move up at some point Wolves will have to sell to protect the value of their asset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.