Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

Nope, life long Blue.

More than happy with your report above. It'd be great to see him and Foden in the starting 11 in a couple of years.
I actually thought you'd caught a couple with your post, I never considered the fact that your story was true. :(

Quality yes, but imo he's far more robust than Foden was, therefore closer to being immediately useful in the squad IF he can quickly cut out the 'young player' errors.

I don't think that's how the club thinks at all. City won't care whether he breaks through at 18 or 22, only whether his final level is good enough for the first team. You don't get extra points for being precocious. He's getting experience to help his development, not because the squad is in need of his contribution.

With someone like TD there is no rush at all. He'll need more senior exposure to develop at some point, of course, but it makes no real difference to the club whether he gets that at City or elsewhere, providing he had a route into the first team of he is good enough.

I don't think that's how the club thinks at all. City won't care whether he breaks through at 18 or 22, only whether his final level is good enough for the first team. You don't get extra points for being precocious. He's getting experience to help his development, not because the squad is in need of his contribution.

With someone like TD there is no rush at all. He'll need more senior exposure to develop at some point, of course, but it makes no real difference to the club whether he gets that at City or elsewhere, providing he had a route into the first team of he is good enough.

If you have a quality player who is homegrown & can play in the first team squad, it is much better than having a quality player who is homegrown & can't play in the first team squad.

Goes without saying.

If you have a quality player who is homegrown & can play in the first team squad, it is much better than having a quality player who is homegrown & can't play in the first team squad.

Goes without saying.

That's just stating the obvious. The point is that the team has no need for an extra useful midfielder in the short term. The speed of his development is much less important than the absolute level of performance he is able to reach long-term.

Last edited:
I think if he plays EDS this season, but getting chances for the odd cup games would be good for his development.

Then next season he can play a minor role in the squad like Foden did last season.

I think the club will start blooding him in this season. He'll be around the first team a lot, I reckon. Star potential.

Didn't see the game, but my neighbour said he just looked average.
Average is a relative description. Average in the league's best team is head and shoulders above average in most other teams.
Worrying would be "out of his depth" but not average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.