Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

One of his strongest assets is actually his set piece delivery. So of course he was gonna scuff one straight off the pitch tonight :)

Fantastic tonight. Very good at passing and also very aggressive - fighting for every ball. We have so many talented young players right now and most importantly (I think) they will be good enough for our first team

Even better with two locals as well

Last edited:
Love the way he hunts aggressively to win the ball vack. Did it brilliantly twice in the first half, second time was particularly good. It can raise the crowd and team and is something we've rarely seen under Guardiola, if at all.

But also classy on the ball withba good range of passing. Looks a leader you could see hin telling others to stay calm when they got a goal back and proving calm hinself on the ball when we tried to play it out. Loved it.

Hooe we get a straight forward draw next and he can get another run out

He will either sleep like a baby tonight or not be able to get a minutes kip because he’s kicking every ball, making every run, and challenging for every tackle again!

He won’t forget tonight in a hurry. May it be the start of a long, beautiful and productive career at City!

ItOSuWR.png

Image credit: http://www.sporting-heroes.net/foot...e-9019/manchester-city-playing-career_a38676/

A debut is always a day of pride for families. Your boy has made it. Going forward the story is Tommy Doyle, but blues of my generation are reminded of Mr Manchester City, Mike Doyle. If anyone bled blue blood, it was Doyle.

Well done Tommy Doyle. He played a very calm game. Kept it simple, but had a good touch on him that bought him space and time. Worked hard and I bet Pep was pleased.

He should be well and truly buzzing tonight. His granddad will be proud, and Mike Doyle would be proud too. He was one of my favorite players and it's really special to see him playing for City. My Dad is a Utd fan but he likes Mike Doyle because he was a big player of his era when he watched City at home and Utd at home on alternate weekends. He will be chuffed that he made his debut and he's a red. A link between City's past and present. The good thing though is that he's clearly there entirely on merit.

Realistically I think the next chance for these lads could be the Shakhtar home game.

I liked his interview on the official site. Good head on young shoulders and humble. That is the way to be.

Last edited:
One thing you notice with the Academy players who have been “brought up” by City... impeccable manners, composure, and attitude in front of the cameras.

City are not just giving these young men a footballing education, which is something most people don’t see, but which may be just as important as many of them will never be top flight footballers. Life will go on for them, and that side of their education will be vital.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.