Tommy Doyle | Signs for Wolves | will be confirmed Jul 1st

A very unexpected destination for him, given the suggested interest from the championship. But it might be a shrewd move, get him away from the spotlight in the NW and let him develop. His blue blood means that he has a weight of emotional expectation that others don’t and a year abroad in a different environment, where he is just Tommy, not Tommy DOYLE, could be really good for him.

Like most on here I was surprised to hear where he's got his loan.

To write him off at 19 years old just seems a bit daft in my opinion. He's going to be playing in a higher standard than KDB was at the same age. I hope for him he gets the experience he needs and develops to be a member of our squad for years to come. We've seen it ourselves that a grafter who's got a bit of extra class like Milner can play a part in a title winning squad.

Really want to see Tommy in the first team at some stage.

People need to remember that not everyone is Foden and development is different for each player.

What do people think specifically about the fact it's Hamburg though? Bit gutted it's not a Championship side to be honest.

Really want to see Tommy in the first team at some stage.

People need to remember that not everyone is Foden and development is different for each player.

What do people think specifically about the fact it's Hamburg though? Bit gutted it's not a Championship side to be honest.
I suspect we might have wanted some guarantees regarding game time which maybe Hamburg were more agreeable to than Stoke or Blackburn

This wasn't the loan I was expecting. Thought he could've gone to better competition than Bundesliga 2.

I think the reasoning here is that Bundesliga and the german system seems to be doing well for kids coming through. At this level he should find it easier to get the game time - they have a 50k+ stadium so its a big deal and arguabbly a higher level than the championship. I'm assuming there is a link between Pep and some of the coaching staff.

As with all loans its sink or swim and I think this will do him well.

The Hamburg Manager was the coach of Bayerns U17's from July 2015 to June 2017, then moved up to coach the reserves of Bayern from June 2017 to June 2018.

So from that Pep will know him from his final season at Bayern and I guess either stayed in touch or has at least followed his career (was manager of Stuttgart before rocking up at Hamburg)

Must admit some of the comments on here are quite baffling. Tommy has been seen as the stand out player in his age group for years. He's captained England at every level & has just been called up to the U21's for the first time in this break (not sure who is captain yet). City have given him a long term contract and he's just been on the bench for our last 2 PL games. You don't get to that stage with Pep without him thinking you've got a bit about you.

I think this loan will be great for him, yes the pressure is on him to stand out, but then it would have been had he gone to Swansea (where he was lined up to go earlier in the summer). He gets to experience a different culture & approach to Football and play Men's football rather than U23's all season (i guess Hamburg have given some assurances over playing time) in front of 50,000 fans.

I'm predicating he'll work hard, prove a few wrong on this thread and still fulfil his destiny of captaining the City first team one day

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.