Tommy Hutchison book

Apparently Gary Mabbutt also scored at both ends in the 1987 Cup Final whilst playing for Spurs.
I remember watching that game at a friend's house (we were all supporting Coventry because of the Dave Bennett conection) but don't remember Mabbutt scoring an own goal.
Cov's fanzine was named "Gary Mabbutt's Knee" in tribute as a result of the winning (own) goal

I seem to remember that we had quite a young team when he joined us along with Gerry Gow and Bobby McDonald, as mention previously. Remember reading that Tommy used to come off the field at the end of those early games totally knackered because as the a senior player and someone who seemed to know what they were doing, the younger players were always looking to get the ball to him. Certainly a very skilful wide player and was what we needed at the time to steady the ship.

I liked Tommy a lot,very tricky player

As for Bobby Mc,I loved that guy,no idea why but he was my hero when I was a kid
He was a great signing and rejuvenated and galvanised the woeful autumn 1980 team. After he joined we were cheated out of a League Cup Final that December, but had a fantastic run to the centenary FA Cup final. Where Tommy scored...

What I do remember, apart from Tommy being a slick player that I thought ( I was 22 at the time) he was a veteran at 30!! Amazing what time and the passing of the decades does. We have a lot thank Tommy for in contributing to that exciting 80/81 season.

He was a great signing and rejuvenated and galvanised the woeful autumn 1980 team. After he joined we were cheated out of a League Cup Final that December, but had a fantastic run to the centenary FA Cup final. Where Tommy scored...

What I do remember, apart from Tommy being a slick player that I thought ( I was 22 at the time) he was a veteran at 30!! Amazing what time and the passing of the decades does. We have a lot thank Tommy for in contributing to that exciting 80/81 season.
Although hed turned 30 and was viewed as a veteran when he signed for us, Tommy carried on playing until well into his 40s so had plenty football left in him. Sad his lengthy career is prob best remembered for his unfortunate og after scoring that great diving header which which if hed won the cup wouldve been more fitting.

I was 10 in that 80/81 season,I still remember plenty from that season,I was in Leyland one night I remember my mum took me as a City eleven was playing.

Tommy was playing that night,I'll always remember him coming over to take a corner,and there was a delay in taking it,as there was an opponent bent down tying his laces up,and Tommy shouted to ref who had told him to hang on,in his mad scotch voice,"it's his fucking laces",much to my mothers bemusement.

Don't remember the score or out like that but do remember sending a steward in with my autograph book into the clubhouse to get the signatures of Trevor Francis and a few others who had gone in to play snooker,whilst game was still going on !

Came back out with 4 autographs,think Nicky Reid,Asa as well,always remember that night,also got Big Joe's who was sat in stand with his wife,my mum hitched me up and I just appeared in front of him,he laughed so all was well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.