Tommy Hutchison book

Just bumping this again.

In this extract Tommy reflects on how luck can play a huge part in life. He tells the story of being very close by when the Birmingham pub bombs went off.

“The fickleness of fate was brought home to me a week after the German game. I had been to see my family in Fife and was returning to Coventry by train. I had to change at New Street station in Birmingham to complete the last leg of my journey. By the time I got home, the news was filtering through of explosions in two pubs resulting in a huge loss of life. The pubs that were bombed were only a few yards from the station, but I had been totally unaware of the mayhem happening above my head as I waited for my train on the station concourse.
That news certainly put into context the importance or otherwise of the results of any football match. It also made me think of how lucky I was to be completely safe, when someone who was just as blissfully innocent as I was, but who was 50 yards up the road in the wrong direction, had their life ended in a brutal manner. Two innocent people in virtually the same location: one carries on with his life unaltered, the other had his life violently curtailed. These events certainly made me stop and think.”

Excerpt From
Hutch, Hard Work and Belief
Tommy Hutchison and Kevin Shannon
This material may be protected by copyright.

if you would like to read more, the book can be bought using the link below.

Hutch' order form

Before writing the book I asked for any memories City fans had of Tommy. Thank you to everyone who replied. Apologies, but due to the constraints of space I could only put a few of these into the book. Thank you in particular then to; Don Price, Tim Crowther, Percypawpaw, Bongsblue and Leveblue.

Tommy is in Coventry at the weekend for our game against Blackpool. He has a few signing events lined up where people can meet up with him and have a chat. I am hoping to arrange something similar at a City game later in the season. However if you would like a signed copy of the book in the meantime, you can get one using the link below.

Hutch' order form

I just wanted to say thank you to Wayne Buckley for organising an evening with Tommy Hutchison with the Crewe branch of the City supporters club last Thursday evening. Despite problems with the venue, we had a great night and both Tommy and myself would like to thank everyone for the welcome we received. Thanks too to Mark McCarthy for putting me in touch with Wayne.
Books are selling well. If you would like a signed copy of Tommy’s book ‘Hutch Hard Work and Belief’ please use the form below.

Hutch' order form

I just wanted to say thank you to Wayne Buckley for organising an evening with Tommy Hutchison with the Crewe branch of the City supporters club last Thursday evening. Despite problems with the venue, we had a great night and both Tommy and myself would like to thank everyone for the welcome we received. Thanks too to Mark McCarthy for putting me in touch with Wayne.
Books are selling well. If you would like a signed copy of Tommy’s book ‘Hutch Hard Work and Belief’ please use the form below.

Hutch' order form
Fantastic fella is Tommy and the book is a great read which I'd highly recommend.

Hutch' order form
Had the pleasure of watching Tommy play for Merthyr Tydfil AFC in the Southern League in the early 90s . In his mid-forties he still 'had it' and was easily the best player on the park every time he played - man against boys.

Had the pleasure of watching Tommy play for Merthyr Tydfil AFC in the Southern League in the early 90s . In his mid-forties he still 'had it' and was easily the best player on the park every time he played - man against boys.
He retired at Merthyr at the age of 46. Injuries were starting to happen but the main reason for him finishing was the time travelling to games which was starting to take its toll on him as he also had a day job.But for that I think he would have carried on playing.

A very talented player who entertained supporters. I was at Wembley and he was so unlucky to glance Glenda's free kick

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.