Tommy Hutchison failed to turn up. City or his fault ??

Apologies if I repeat anything here but I have only just read the first few posts of this thread and felt I had to respond.
I co-wrote the book with Tommy and have been responsible for organising the book signings. Perhaps the first thing to say is that there is really no fortune to be made in writing sports books unless it really takes off in the way perhaps Martin O’ Neill’s book has.
For every book sold at Waterstones or on Amazon, Tommy and I get £1.25, that’s 62p each. We can buy the books from the publisher for £12.50 a copy. We have sold these on line for £18 or £20 at a signing session. Therefore on a £20 sale we would make £3.75 each.
@Corky
Like i said...
Your claim of 50% was laughable.....
But if you don't believe me now, will you ever believe me?

Divided by two - so 18.75% each.
I thank you.
Two authors, they still make 37.5% on each book they sell themselves, and a lot of the footballers who are more recent or famous will have negotiated better deals.

10% would be 5% each as you stated. You were under the impression if they sold themselves they would still only get a basic royalty and not the retailer mark-up. Your assumption was demonstrably not true.

Two authors, they still make 37.5% on each book they sell themselves, and a lot of the footballers who are more recent or famous will have negotiated better deals.

10% would be 5% each as you stated. You were under the impression if they sold themselves they would still only get a basic royalty and not the retailer mark-up. Your assumption was demonstrably not true.
My assumption was based on selling the book on the day in the club shop, with the club shop taking the regulatory 40%. So my assumption stands.

By the way, I'm still waiting for the government to introduce a new bill to be passed through Pariliament to allow standing. Any idea when they are going to do that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.