Tonights Champions League Football..

bayern blade said:
Well done the Bundesliga, all three sides through !

Even Bayern at their best won't be able to win it this year, so I guess Dortmund will have to win it if the cup is going back to Germany. Even when Bayern are minutes away they have thrown it away at least City do fucking up properly, the rags have lost two finals against "the best team ever" Bayern can't play against teams that stick men behind the ball and lost two finals despite being the better team and having the easier passage on their way to it.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Even Bayern at their best won't be able to win it this year, so I guess Dortmund will have to win it if the cup is going back to Germany. Even when Bayern are minutes away they have thrown it away at least City do fucking up properly, the rags have lost two finals against "the best team ever" Bayern can't play against teams that stick men behind the ball and lost two finals despite being the better team and having the easier passage on their way to it.

Difficult to say atm. This is a much better Bayern than last season, on the whole we are playing far better football. Last night was nothing special but we knew a draw would do, early days.

bayern blade said:

Difficult to say atm. This is a much better Bayern than last season, on the whole we are playing far better football. Last night was nothing special but we knew a draw would do, early days.

I know difficult to say, but the problem is the core of the team is still made up of players who have lost 1 if not 2 CL finals, you will never have as much belief the second and third time round as you had the first. Also whilst Germans have the whole penalty thing sussed they may become daunted by this because of last year and ultimately if Bayern have to win ugly I am not convinced they can do it. They had a 1 nil lead after beating Inter at the San Siro but conspired to fuck it up at home. Javi Martinez the steel in midfield might drag you over the line to CL glory but again he is a player who has lost more cup finals than he has won, so he could just as easily choke.

bayern blade said:

I know difficult to say, but the problem is the core of the team is still made up of players who have lost 1 if not 2 CL finals, you will never have as much belief the second and third time round as you had the first. Also whilst Germans have the whole penalty thing sussed they may become daunted by this because of last year and ultimately if Bayern have to win ugly I am not convinced they can do it. They had a 1 nil lead after beating Inter at the San Siro but conspired to fuck it up at home. Javi Martinez the steel in midfield might drag you over the line to CL glory but again he is a player who has lost more cup finals than he has won, so he could just as easily choke.

You do not have to have the believe. At least one of the team is already so mad about the recent two times that he will have the energy for the next final, too.

We have Müller. He will score - the others only have to take care about not conceiving... ;)

And Heynckes will not sub him this time. Let's say it like this - we have seen especially this years how important he is - especially on days on which you think about substituting him early. He plays like an amateur one minute - and nutmegs the left back and fools all other defenders and goalkeeper the next. His mistakes leads to the 0:1 - and then he makes 2 goals and 2 assists. If anybody stands for the "new Bayern" of this year it is him.

The only one in the Bayern team - and in the German national team - that brings the team back after 0:1s is Müller - yesterday was not the first time. That goal yesterday was very important as it gives the big chance to be first of the group and be out of the way of Barca. He does not do it all of the time - that would be too much to expect - but if somebody does... He even is the ones for the goals and assists if it stands on 0:0 for longer periods this season and we need a late 1:0 (for Bayern a 1:0 after the 40th minute is already late). And he has more away goals than goals at home - then when it is going to get tough.

And penalties... - Neuer, Alaba, Müller, Pizarro or Gomez and somebody else - Alaba has balls made of steel. Müller and Alaba are the ones that take the penalties right now.

--------------

I think the most forget how young this team is - and that they have players that are still deep in development. That really start to take responsibilities now. And losses do not make you weaker - they can make you stronger, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.