Tonights games (30/1)

fsw is a rubbish manager. with the talent at chelsea they should have a lot more points. rdm is a much better manager than this fat clown.

I usually laugh at the people who shout "United is lucky"...but they really were last night. Southampton deserved 1 or all 3 points, I feel. Anyone?

-- Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:20 pm --<br /><br />-- Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:22 pm --<br /><br />
IH8MUFC said:
fsw is a rubbish manager. with the talent at chelsea they should have a lot more points. rdm is a much better manager than this fat clown.
The people screaming for RM's head might get their wish...the FSW, lol.

Caveman said:
ohfk said:
blue for life said:
St Marys is a nice big pitch though which I think will suit us - think we struggle at tight grounds

Fairly sure all premier league pitches have to be the same size as of this season. I'm too hungover to check though :)
There are big differences in pitch size. They all have to be over a certain size but some are five milimetres over and others are five metres over.
The rule was changed this year so that every pitch in the league has to be exactly the same size. Teams whose grounds prevent this have been given two years to comply, but they must get as close to the stated dimensions as possible. I'm guessing QPR are one of the teams that got this special dispensation.

cookster said:
davymcfc said:
Sounds like Southampton gave united a great game. I don't think the title race is over at all.

Got over the line, they always do.

9 wins and 2 draws in the last 11 games! Can't see they dropping 7 points in the last 14 games.
They've dropped 2 in their last 2.
Like I said, reminds me of Newcastle under Keegan, suddenly your goals dry up, and then you can't buy a win.
Us, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton will take points of them, I even reckon they'll draw this weekend. It's up to us start scoring and its not like we aren't creating chances.

FrostyNRG said:
One could understand some rotation between Torres and Ba, but it does appear like it's a dogged persistence with Torres regardless of how well he (doesn't) play. What doesn't make sense is why Ba was signed (presumably with RA's sign off) if he wasn't going to be used. Unless it was perhaps a case of getting to make sure no-one else did??

Mata is one of my favourite non-Spurs players. We were linked with him at the time, if you remember, and I was relatively annoyed by you lot getting him. Even more so now. Didn't realise his stats this season were that impressive, but on the times I've seen him (particularly against us) he's been head and shoulders the best on the pitch. Not sure you'd be dead in trouble without him, but you'd definitely miss him.
That is what is so depressing about it. We are a one man team but we shouldn't be, because the team is so unmotivated and poorly organised. To be fair to Hazard he has been making a great contribution but has some way to go before he equals Mata's productivity.

His numbers only tell half the story. We rested him against Brentford and we were dire, within moments of coming on he had the entire game under control and we pulled the score back. Can't even deal with League 1 opposition if he isn't on the field. The moment he came off against Reading the tide seemed to turn in their favour dramatically. The two Reading fans that came to our forum yesterday mentioned in their comments:

"Mata - everything ran through him, why take him off?"

"Rafa was barking mad to sub Mata who was running the midfield like clockwork. Secondly, why wasn't Ba starting..."

Having such an influential player is wonderful, but when he is the only factor running your team you have a serious problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.