Tony Coleman to sell his 69 FA Cup Winners Medal

Phuk Tifano said:
TC confirmed on Blue Tuesday that he is indeed selling his '69 medal, amongst others. He may have claimed that he's been shy all his life, but he also gave one of the most jaw-dropping interviews I've ever heard from a City player, basically slagging off Australia and Australians, calling them 'neanderthals' who hated British people and mistreated Aborigines. TC also said he was leaving Oz soon to go and live in Thailand.

Ian Cheeseman mentioned that Radio Manchester are discussing his views on Alan Beswick's show tomorrow morning. You must give it a listen if you haven't already heard it...
Cool thanks Tony, we're not all bad you know.

It'll be interesting to find out exactly what he said. I would expect better from A) a fellow blue and B) someone sharing the Coleman surname...

Well mate if you didn't like it here, why stay. Hope you've booked those tickets already...

Wheelsy said:
Phuk Tifano said:
TC confirmed on Blue Tuesday that he is indeed selling his '69 medal, amongst others. He may have claimed that he's been shy all his life, but he also gave one of the most jaw-dropping interviews I've ever heard from a City player, basically slagging off Australia and Australians, calling them 'neanderthals' who hated British people and mistreated Aborigines. TC also said he was leaving Oz soon to go and live in Thailand.

Ian Cheeseman mentioned that Radio Manchester are discussing his views on Alan Beswick's show tomorrow morning. You must give it a listen if you haven't already heard it...

It'll be interesting to find out exactly what he said. I would expect better from A) a fellow blue and B) someone sharing the Coleman surname...

Well mate if you didn't like it here, why stay. Hope you've booked those tickets already...

Just the sort of comment we'd expect from a neanderthal!!!!.......................joke, I'm joking....please don't ban me!

;-)

Just listened to TC's interview - as blunt as when he thumped a referee and got a 6 month ban before he came to City. Great character and a true cult hero - did bugger all in his career before and after his spell at City but while he was here he was top class.

one stop said:
he gave it away years ago. So this story is bullshit.

He said his brother got it back for him a while back and sent it to him. Said he has six medals and wants to get what he can for them to help fund his new life in Thailand.

Absolutely astonishing comments. The Australian RL coach Ian Millward, who works in NW England (ex-St Helens, now at Leigh, I think) is giving an Aussie response on the Radio Manchester breakfast show today.

Wheelsy said:
Phuk Tifano said:

He said he moved to Oz because his Wife wanted to be closer to her Sister and after 25 years he still doesn't feel settled and has never been made welcome by the Australians and that all Ozzies hate Brits. Now that his kids have grown up and he's divorced, this is why he can now move away.
He also said that George Best held the same opinion as him about Australians and that Best also said the Ozzies were just a nation of drunks...........

Ok, I made the drunk thing up

I haven't heard the interview, but he obviously hasn't met any Aussie Blues that is for sure! We love to give it to the Poms when they are over here, but it doesn't mean we hate them. Sad he feels that way about Australia and Australians.

mcs said:
I haven't heard the interview, but he obviously hasn't met any Aussie Blues that is for sure! We love to give it to the Poms when they are over here, but it doesn't mean we hate them. Sad he feels that way about Australia and Australians.
I've transcribed it on the blog (link on the left), and will post a recording of it shortly.

was one of the unsung heroes of the great bell, lee sumerbee era, bit of a lose cannon ive been told, great team player with the determanation of a pack of lions....sad news that hes sellin his medal tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.