Tony Coton

reni800

I just watched a video of our 5-1 victory at Villa Park back in the early 90's, famous for David White's 4 goals. Tony Coton made a couple of great stops in that match and it got me thinking; who was better, Coton or Hart (up to now)?

I don't recall Coton ever putting a foot (or hand!) wrong when he played for City and how he never played for England was a joke.

Obviously Hart is going to be a City legend (assuming he isn't one already), but who would you pick out of the two, assuming they are both at their best for a one-off game? I think I'd go with Coton.

ill go for Hart, not saying Coton was bad its just my pick, i like a keeper to come off his line for corners and crosses and it always used to bug me that Coton didnt, both great shot stoppers but ill go for Hart based on this

bluemc1 said:
ill go for Hart, not saying Coton was bad its just my pick, i like a keeper to come off his line for corners and crosses and it always used to bug me that Coton didnt, both great shot stoppers but ill go for Hart based on this
Can't agree more, Coton seemed to have glue in his boots and seemed to be stuck to his line but as far as shot stopping goes he was first class, Hart for me though if he improves his distribution.

reni800 said:
I just watched a video of our 5-1 victory at Villa Park back in the early 90's, famous for David White's 4 goals. Tony Coton made a couple of great stops in that match and it got me thinking; who was better, Coton or Hart (up to now)?

I don't recall Coton ever putting a foot (or hand!) wrong when he played for City and how he never played for England was a joke.

Obviously Hart is going to be a City legend (assuming he isn't one already), but who would you pick out of the two, assuming they are both at their best for a one-off game? I think I'd go with Coton.

Coton never played for england because at he time of his peak 1990 -1994 Graham Taylor was the England manager and they had a big fall out on a pre season tour in the 80s for Watford

warpig said:
this has got to be a wum right?!?!?

Why?? Very good question, I'd go with Hart for the same reasons bluemc1 mentions. Coton was a fantastic keeper though.

gomper said:
warpig said:
this has got to be a wum right?!?!?

Why?? Very good question, I'd go with Hart for the same reasons bluemc1 mentions. Coton was a fantastic keeper though.

the simple answer is that as much as i loved coton, he aint fit to lace harts boots.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.