Tony Coton

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Coton for me, the best goalie I've seen at City.

Same here, on one end of season video around 92(ish) Mike Sheron once said he was better than Schmeichel ! It was true ( at that time )

Very close call for me, Hart if he carries on improving could be one of our best ever keepers but Coton was also superb.

Met him at a couple of Player of the Year functions (in the days when the players got as pissed as the fans) and he was a great laugh as well.

Didnt TC have a heart attack recently?
One of my favourites in his City days and highly rated by a lot of other managers at the time. He was fantastic at one on ones and as said by another cant remember any major mistakes(apart from joining Utd.).

Loved TC, great shot stopper and seemed to be a huge obstacle in goal. One of my City heroes as a kid so for that reason it's Coton.

Despite what Taylor thought he was the best English keep for a good chunk of the early nineties.

Up until Hart became our number 1, TC was always my favourite City keeper. It might be more down to the fact that I was only a kid when he played and as a goalkeeper myself ( not very good mind ) I was in awe of him, but I always remember him making at least 1-2 fantastic saves a game.
As I've got a little older I appreciate that there were parts of his game that weren't so great but at the time he was a real hero of mine. Joe takes it for me though, already on his way to being a City legend I believe his best is yet to come.

gomper said:
mat said:
rag bastard

How old are you mat?

Got a couple of bites then.

:)

TC should have been England number 1 by a mile when he was with us. In fact i'd go as far to say they'd have qualified for US94 with him in sticks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.