Tony Gale - thick, jelous scumbag

The whole Robinho situation was a shocking piece of business.

It's ridiculous to dress it up any other way.

Luckily the £25m loss is small change to the Sheikh.

city have saved robinho's wages over the remaining 3 years of his contract too. this didn't stop ssn this morning saying that robinho cost city £32 million and only scored 16 goals making it £2 million per goal,

they overlooked the fact that robinho is essentially a left sided midfielder not a striker and that in any case his goals per game record with city compares very favourably with that at real madrid & isn't far off his record with santos. but hey, why let the facts get in the way of a good put down?

Didsbury Dave said:
The whole Robinho situation was a shocking piece of business.

It's ridiculous to dress it up any other way.

The purchase was bad, but the sale was good. They were made in different times under different circumstances. What were the club supposed to do, hold out until somebody paid £32m? it wouldn't have happened. Leave him in the reserves and pay him £160k a week? - now that would have been bad business.

Was he worth £32m when we signed him? - no and in that respect he was a bad buy, but it was done on day one of the revolution and was a 'statement'. What's more, Chelsea were prepared to pay only a little less than us at the time.

That was then, this is now and to sell him, under current circumstances for £22m doesn't seem like that bad a deal.

Manc in London said:
Didsbury Dave said:

How do you work that out?

Probably because he has a personal fortune of 15 billion and his family are reputed to be worth 570 billion,and his wifes family aren't short of a bob or two as well.

scowy68 said:
Manc in London said:

Probably because he has a personal fortune of 15 billion and his family are reputed to be worth 570 billion,and his wifes family aren't short of a bob or two as well.

I think he means how do you get a £25mil loss when you buy for £32.4mil and sell for £22mil?

Royaloak said:
I know I shouldn't watch it etc, but you can't turn the tv on thsee days without some nobody having a dig.

So why watch it? I haven't watched my Tv for a long time now, I use my Tv as my PC Monitor and thats about it.
SSN was banished a long time ago, Only time I'll watch SkySports is on a free stream - atleast then Murdoch isn't taking money from me directly.

On a 5 live last year, David Bernstein called the attempt to get Kaka: "The wrong player at the wrong time ... probably too early for a player of that stature, and too much attention would have been focussed on whether he succeeded or failed."

Same with Robinho, really.

In all the confusion of the takeover, I wonder how much of it was down to Al-Fahim, who was telling the press that day we were going to sign every superstar available.

Robinho was maybe the most skillful player to ever wear a City shirt (Kinky included), but the wrong player at that time, and under the wrong manager - for him, anyway. (Not saying Hughes was a bad manager, just not the kind Robinho needed.)

Did we need a 'marquee' signing at that time? a 'statement of intent?'

Not sure.

But it didn't work out for either party, so let's be thankful for the touches of brilliance that we saw, and accept that the Sheikh is probably less bothered about the £11m we lost than most of the pundits.

Manc in London said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Wages were £7.5m per year.

He stayed two years.

Cost us £15m in wages and we lost £10m on the transfer fee.

£25m loss.

Not rocket science is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.