Tony Pulis

constant long balls and it'll be ugly.. we all know that..

oh and im only worried cos of zonal marking!

don't even know why he was at the game tbh,does anyone really think they're gonna change their 'tactics'?

cleavers said:
Blue Punter said:
Wembley 115 yards long by 75 yards

Of the 20 teams in the premiership 2009/10:
1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 Yards, 8932 (Biggest)
20. Stoke, Britannia Stadium, 110×70 yards, 7700 (Smallest)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.funny-football.co.uk/news/premier-league-pitch-dimensions-2009-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.funny-football.co.uk/news/pr ... 2009-2010/</a>
So we will have a whole 2.5 yards each side and at each end at Wembley than at Stoke, "massive", I bet Pullis is crapping himself at all that extra space.

Some folk don't half clutch at daft straws.

Actually it does make a difference! Why do certain teams make there pitches smaller and others larger?

waspish said:
cleavers said:
So we will have a whole 2.5 yards each side and at each end at Wembley than at Stoke, "massive", I bet Pullis is crapping himself at all that extra space.

Some folk don't half clutch at daft straws.

Actually it does make a difference! Why do certain teams make there pitches smaller and others larger?
Of course it makes a difference, a very small one, its another 2.5 yards for Delap to throw it.

Good football on the day will make a significantly bigger difference I'm guessing.

The "Stoke on Wembley's pitch" comforter is invalid. They destroyed Bolton and played their own way with no problems, even Delap's throws were reaching their usual location without problems.

We're in for a horribly difficult cup final against a team who know exactly how to play against us, hence these four results against them leading into it:

1-1
1-1
1-3 (loss)
1-1

We haven't beaten them since Mancini's early days when we did them 2-0 at home. And yet Mancini still seems to struggle to understand teams like this and how to counter them. After we signed Boateng, Yaya, etc., people said these big tough players would prevent us from being troubled by long ball clogger teams like Stoke and Everton but nothing has changed.

LoveCity said:
We haven't beaten them since Mancini's early days when we did them 2-0 at home. And yet Mancini still seems to struggle to understand teams like this and how to counter them. After we signed Boateng, Yaya, etc., people said these big tough players would prevent us from being troubled by long ball clogger teams like Stoke and Everton but nothing has changed.
Could post LC, its about how we play, as much as how they play.

lunebleu said:
Now i know Pullis looks like he'd be comfortable having an oatcake and a bottle of cider in a hanley car park with the mutants that inhabit the Potteries,but he's no mug. He knows his team's limitations and that he can't compete,in footballing skills, with us. But he also knows that we are often shite at defending from high balls pumped in the area ---so that is what we are going to get in abundance from the kick off.

What's wrong with drinking cider in a hanley carpark??

That's exactly what i'm doing now with oatcake juice all over my hands and messing with my iphone ;-)

clowns pockets said:
don't even know why he was at the game tbh,does anyone really think they're gonna change their 'tactics'?

All he got was a reinforcement that the way they play the game works against City. His players will be hyper from the start.

The Spurs game may have a part to play. We'll be going to Wembley in a confident mood if we have qualified for the chimps by then.

Unless from a Delap long throw. I can't understand why we just don't defend either the half way line (if the kick is in there half) or 10 yards from the free kick (if it's in our half). They haven't got the pace to get in behind. We just seem to invite trouble by defending to deeply.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.