Tony Pulis

cleavers said:
Blue Punter said:
Wembley 115 yards long by 75 yards

Of the 20 teams in the premiership 2009/10:
1. Manchester City, City of Manchester Stadium, 116 x 77 Yards, 8932 (Biggest)
20. Stoke, Britannia Stadium, 110×70 yards, 7700 (Smallest)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.funny-football.co.uk/news/premier-league-pitch-dimensions-2009-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.funny-football.co.uk/news/pr ... 2009-2010/</a>
So we will have a whole 2.5 yards each side and at each end at Wembley than at Stoke, "massive", I bet Pullis is crapping himself at all that extra space.

Some folk don't half clutch at daft straws.

Never mind the size, feel the quality.... Stoke like shit pitches and they've managed to get the pitch at Wembley right this year and so hopefully it won't favour them. Shite pitches are a great leveller.

if i was him i would be shitting myself

he knows we can play them off the park at wembley
big pitch and a very big field to pass and move not like stoke small pitch and ground much like everton today

also i still think somebody is going to get a right beating from us
if we play like today and take half of the chances we made we would win 3.0[/quote]

i agree too

you can see it slowly starting to take shape with each game we play now

He'll take heart from the fact that we struggled when Everton got in our faces, but they won't be able to sustain that for 90 minutes. I imagine he'll be concerned about the way we played Everton off the park for 45 minutes at their ground. I suspect the game didn't tell him anything he didn't already know.

dennis tuearts hatrick balls said:

big pitch and a very big field to pass and move not like stoke small pitch and ground much like everton today

if we play like today and take half of the chances we made we would win 3.0

i agree too

you can see it slowly starting to take shape with each game we play now[/quote]

We are def . starting to take shape now., was at the game today,and altho we lost, it was good to see city confidently passing the ball to feet and keeping posession,leaving the home crowd quiet.at times there was nothing everton could do about it.
Stoke could be on a real hiding if we click and start moving the ball sweetly on that wembley turf next week.

i was with a Stoke fan on Friday, i had to it was business, he reckoned the only way they could beat us was to revert back to their script, long ball, long throw, back to front as quickly as possible and hope for something, flood the midfield to stop it coming back.

They have been playing some decent football but he reckons they need to revert to type to beat us.

He also thought Etherington will be a miss but with Pennant on the other side it will suit them by flooding the midfield.

I just replied that i hope we play as we can for 90 minutes, if we do, we will win!

wayne71 said:
ancoats said:

if we play like today and take half of the chances we made we would win 3.0

Wembley is no bigger than some premier league pitches including ours.

Ours is the maximum size allowable, same as Wembley.

Sounds greedy but i dont want an early goal i want 2 !!! As been said elsewhere somebody going to get a hiding sooner rather than later.

This thread is jus typical of some people after a customary defeat to everton for 60 minutes today we destroyed everton and bar the 1 st goal which i think joe should have saved they had 3 chances and scored 2 of em we had five or six the reason we lost the game today was because of us not because of everton and we will put that right.

Its easy to say we cant defend against that type of play but we did well enough against blackburn didnt we and the goal stoke scored against us had nothing to do with an undefended long ball

I'm not sure we are that bad at defending crosses. We have certainly improved, I'm more concerned about the high number of crosses coming into our box for Lescott and kompany to deal with. This comes down to the lack of closing the man with the ball (Kolorov being the main culprit) and the giving away of unnecessary free kicks. Both learning curves for the future.

As far as defending the crosses, given the number, I think we are excellent but the best teams don't have to deal with so many balls into the box. Vidic and Ferdinand seldom, if ever, have to deal with crosses on the scale our boys do.

As far as Stoke are concerned, they will simply play the numbers game and keep putting the ball in our box. If we deny them possession, and they aren't as good as Everton, and we take our chances, we'll beat them. Should be an interesting game.

skybluenorth said:
If I were Stokes manager watching today's game I would have taken pleasure in how City seemed to crumble and panic when put under pressure evident in the second half. Stoke can play the intimidation game very well and City seem to struggle when they have to work hard and do the dirty stuff.

I think City missed Barry today more than some of his critics would like to admit.

We weren't missing Barry problem was we shouldn't have swapped Barry for Paddy should have been a straight swap for millner

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.