Too many penalties

I'm With Stupid

What's going on this season? 20 penalties already.

The first Premier League season in 92/93 had 61 penalties in the whole season, and that was with 42 games. An average of 1.45 penalties per game week. And basically that was roughly the case for the first 10 years of the PL. In recent years, we've been hovering between 80 and 106, so between 2.1 and 2.79 per game week.

So far this season, with most teams having played 3 games, we've had 20 penalties. One more penalty in week 3 and we have an average of 7 penalties per week. It seems like an absolute piss take, to be honest, with ridiculous handballs being given, and people falling over at the slightest contact being given penalties even after a VAR review. 14 away from home too.

The game is being systematically dismantled, completely ruined it for me, talk about biting the hand that feeds you....

so it’s not ruined when another poster claims before VAR refs were given brown envelopes for all their ridiculous decisions ?

What's going on this season? 20 penalties already.

The first Premier League season in 92/93 had 61 penalties in the whole season, and that was with 42 games. An average of 1.45 penalties per game week. And basically that was roughly the case for the first 10 years of the PL. In recent years, we've been hovering between 80 and 106, so between 2.1 and 2.79 per game week.

So far this season, with most teams having played 3 games, we've had 20 penalties. One more penalty in week 3 and we have an average of 7 penalties per week. It seems like an absolute piss take, to be honest, with ridiculous handballs being given, and people falling over at the slightest contact being given penalties even after a VAR review. 14 away from home too.
The new handball room is just joke. VAR ruined last season and then they go and do this. God k ows why they think they have to keep tinkering with the rules.
Players get rewarded for diving, though, really does my head in. I initially thought VAR would be a good thing, yeah, yeah I know, I was very wrong, but I thought if would stop the diving and feigning injuries. But, no. It wasn't used to stop people cheating, it's used to check if a player's toe nail might be offside. We still have ivimg but can no longer celebrate a goal.

Trying to increase viewership in areas that need high scores to keep them interested. It’ll be 7 points for a goal before long.
You might have a point there. I never thought of it like that. I know I'm slowly losing interest, though, and I doubt I'm the only one.

Last season we saw that the VAR ref would not overturn a referee's decision. Now we're seeing refs actually using the pitch side monitors but never stick with their original decision.

Obviously the VAR ref at Srockly Park might have a different opinion, so the refs are just going along with it because it's easier to agree.

Absolute farce! Has there been a ref stick with his decision after going to the monitors, yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.