Too many players off form

Remember the beginning of last season and read somewhere that gundogan was saying it was hard to get motivated for the season after winning the title previously. That turned out alright though so expect we will push on in the new year has before.

The problem Peps got is having to play these players out of form because injuries have taken there toll on this squad already. The squad is looking threadbare at the moment and in my opinion we're desperate for a few new bodies. Not any bodies, bodies that'll make the squad stronger, but we know its hard in Jan transfer window and they'll come at a premium.
Totally agree

I keep hearing/reading about certain teams players being ‘tired’ because they are playing twice a week. I’ve never once heard them saying this about our team.
Our lads are not super human, although they are THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD (sorry my keyboard does caps for that on its own!), they are just great players who won us the Treble last year and are fighting for it again this season. Plus for the three seasons and more before it.
It’s only natural that they might be a bit off form, in my humble opinion. :-)
So personally I’m cutting them a bit of slack. :-)
Our manager won't allow any talk of fatigue or injury to be used as an excuse, his man management is outstanding in fact I would say it's even better than his coaching which says everything.

Our season starts now, next week gives the players time together in a perfect environment to work hard and regroup on the training ground and at the same time bring home the second trophy of the season.

We are 4 points off the top with 22 games to play, already qualified in the champions league as winners of our group.

Looks pretty good to me seeing as we have not got out of second gear as yet and our best player has not even played since the first game of the season.

Last edited:
I think the M/F is the problem area. Leaving the defence exposed and not shifting the ball forward quick enough. A strong, aggressive attacking M/F would eradicate the issue turning defence into attack ala 'Yaya'. Foden, whilst technically gifted is quite light and does not offer anything defensively. I don't know why Pep has not tried combining Rodri with Phillips in the same set up. Phillips holding when Rodri pushes forward and the pair doubling up on stronger teams (Liverpool/Spuds etc). Might improve Phillips sense of perspective within the team?

Our manager won't allow any talk of fatigue or injury to be used as an excuse, his man management is outstanding in fact I would say it's even better than his coaching which says everything.

Our season starts now, next week gives the players time together in a perfect environment to work hard and regroup on the training ground and at the same time bring home the second trophy of the season.

We are 4 points off the top with 22 games to play, already qualified in the champions league as winners of our group.

Looks pretty good to me seeing as we have not got out of second gear as yet and our best player has not even played since the first game of the season.
I would never in a million years disagree with that I was just trying to take an option that might get folks to cut the players a bit of leeway.
I’m afraid I get uptight (I know it’s frustration from them) when people appear to forget the past few years. :-)

Put it down to my being an FOC. :-)
Or just a daft fan who can’t stand our players being criticised. I can see it but I’m more for positivity. *lol*

I would never in a million years disagree with that I was just trying to take an option that might get folks to cut the players a bit of leeway.
I’m afraid I get uptight (I know it’s frustration from them) when people appear to forget the past few years. :-)

Put it down to my being an FOC. :-)
Or just a daft fan who can’t stand our players being criticised. I can see it but I’m more for positivity. *lol*
I have a lot of sympathy for elite players, it's not an easy life in my opinion despite the monetary rewards.

But at the same time a lot of managers give them far too much leeway and are given the excuse to underperform at times.

All levels of elite performance require sacrifice and elite football is no different.

We were off form last season too.

Wait and see in January and February. That's the crunch time.
Exactly and what a lot in the media and on here for that matter forget.

There was a point last season where the team looked old, stale and utterly lost, the week the PL charged us was the week the club came together and kicked on to a glorious treble.

I get the feeling the defeat at Villa and then conceding that goal in the last minute of the first half at Luton has had a similar effect on this season, the second half at Luton for me will define our season and we looked like a club unwilling to give up on our titles and very much up for the fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.