Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

Blue Haze

Derek Llambias, the man who brokered the deal that made Andy Carroll the most expensive Englishman in football history, has sensationally claimed: “He’s worth f*** all!”

The Toon MD’s disparaging verdict on England striker Carroll (below) came when he was giving a group of Newcastle fans an insight into the £35million deal that took the England striker to Liverpool in January.

Llambias insists that Newcastle got the better of the deal.

The Anfield club’s first bid was £30m and Llambias told the fans: “I have to admit that £30m for Andy Carroll is a lot of money.”

When one supporter asked him “Is he worth £30m?” Llambias responded: “No — he’s worth f*** all.” He then explains that after rejecting the £30m offer, Newcastle refused to sell even for £35m unless Liverpool paid the entire fee up front.

A move that forced Liverpool to ask Chelsea to increase their first instalment of the £50m they had already agreed to pay for Fernando Torres!

Llambias explained: “It is about control.

“We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.

“We drew that f****** deal, perhaps the ultimate.

“So £30m? F*** off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.

“£35m? Everybody including Pardew [manager Alan Pardew] all agreed.

“But the £35m they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike (Ashley) said — and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — get all the £35m up front.

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand f****** interest.”
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-striker-Andy-Carroll-worth-f-all-claims-Newcastle-MD-Derek-Llambias-article829815.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Li ... 29815.html</a>

loool

Will take a long, long time for the dippers to live that one down. Even longer than Chelsea over Torres.

They sold them a piece of coal labelled as a diamond and Liverpool were daft enough to pay it. Then they repeated the trick with Downing and Henderson. Ah well, next year is their year!

Carroll is a good player with the potential to be a great player but Newcastle proved that every man has his price.

This is not the first time Liverpool have been amazingly stupid in their transfer dealings.

They bought Robbie Keane off Spurs for £20.3 million, only to discover that they didn't really want him six months later.

They had already paid £8.3 million of his transfer fee and Spurs agreed to have him back instead of being paid the remaining £12 million which was due.

In effect, it cost Liverpool £8.3 million for a six month loan deal.

However, paying £35 million for Andy Carroll, when we was worth no more that £10m to £15m at best takes the biscuit.

peoffrey said:
Carroll is a good player with the potential to be a great player but Newcastle proved that every man has his price.
i agree with this. he can be a real handful when on top of his game and he gets good service, he gets a lot of shit on here , but personally i think he will do ok

peoffrey said:
A £35M good player?

He's not worth half of that. Even the scousers have turned on him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.