Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

The situation with Carroll is a lot murkier than many on Mersey side seemed to understand.

Woodgate had a similar problem when he was moved out of the NE and his attitude was nowhere near as questionable as AC's

For anyone even remotely clued up on football in the NE it was obvious Newcastle wanted rid.

I would be asking why Liverpool were not aware of it when so many were.

SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:
Carroll is a good player with the potential to be a great player but Newcastle proved that every man has his price.

A £35M good player?

He's not worth half of that. Even the scousers have turned on him.

I think his fee was excessive because he'd only had half of one season in the top flight of a domestic league. My point is that Newcastle lost an important player but they should sell when such a bid comes in because every player (bar Messi) has a value.

Liverpool fans are largely ignorant. They'd turn on anyone.

The Flash said:
For a mere £3m extra, Liverpool could have bought Aguero.

Does anyone really think that Carroll is anywhere near as good? Besides the Liverpool hierarchy?

Aguero was bought for 38 million Euros. Balance out the exchange rates and it is more or less the same. I know who I'd rather have.

Newcastle have purchased some nice players, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Ba etc. Granted Ben Arfa wasn't this summer however the point is you could argue that you would rather take those players over Downing, Adam etc without looking like a fool.

stony said:
Poz said:
Anyone seen the rest of Llambias's rant?

He slates Keegan and Shearer as well...

Have a read:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newcastle-chief-Derek-Llambias-slams-Kevin-Keegan-and-Alan-Shearer-in-foul-rant-article829807.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Ne ... 29807.html</a>

Classy fekka mind isn't he

Fucking hell Poz, are you lost ? Nice to see you here fella.

Cheers m8 got invited by The Duke so popped over...

Llambias finished his rant with:

“You guys don’t ­understand how f****** ­horrible we can be.”

Oh yes we do and one day the roles will be reversed on those two idiots

peoffrey said:
SWP's back said:
peoffrey said:
Carroll is a good player with the potential to be a great player but Newcastle proved that every man has his price.

A £35M good player?

He's not worth half of that. Even the scousers have turned on him.

I think his fee was excessive because he'd only had half of one season in the top flight of a domestic league. My point is that Newcastle lost an important player but they should sell when such a bid comes in because every player (bar Messi) has a value.

Liverpool fans are largely ignorant. They'd turn on anyone.
It's fucking excessive now and he has had 1 1/2 seasons in the top flight. He is no more than a £10-12M player. He is being judged against his fee, hence the reason everyone thinks that he is gash.

SWP's back said:
It's fucking excessive now and he has had 1 1/2 seasons in the top flight. He is no more than a £10-12M player. He is being judged against his fee, hence the reason everyone thinks that he is gash.

Not everyone thinks he's useless but there does seem to be a general consensus on here that Carroll couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo. It's definitely a vibe I get on Bluemoon. I personally rate him as a good Premiership Striker and think he could progress very well if he gets his head down and works. He's strong, powerful, wins balls in the air and even reasonably quick for a big man. But, right now, I concede that he's not doing well at Liverpool.

He played well against us last season and is still very young (Only 22).
Bang out of form at the moment though and is clearly not worth 35m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.