Toon chief: Carroll is worth 'f*** all'

bluemoondays said:
Darren Bent is one of the most under-rated strikers in the PL, his scoring record for mid-table sides is impressive. If he'd been picked up by a top side he'd be scoring for fun and I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd got a couple of golden boots if he was at Chelsea or the scum.

He's got 168 goals from 389 appearances and that's playing for the likes of Charlton, Sunderland, Villa (after they sold their best providers) and a spell with Tottenham (decent side) where he was used a lot as a sub so skews the goals/games ratio. From 2004, apart from a spell at Spurs, he's consistently had a goal ratio of around 1 goal per 2 games.

I disagree. Bent plays for sides where he is the star and their system is in place to ensure the ball goes to Bent in the penalty area. No-one else in these sides is going to get the goals so he's got no competition both on the pitch and to even be on there in the first place. He had his big chance at Tottenham and couldn't force his way in to the side.

Bent has basically been a 15 goal a season striker including penalties throughout his career apart from one with Sunderland where he broke 20. He's great for teams that are likely to soak up pressure and play on the break and can build their team around his strengths and long diagonal balls.

He's no use for top clubs who dominate possession and play on the front foot as they need somebody who can contribute more, play back to goal etc. His goals dry up when he plays in sides like that and he becomes a drag on the team as a whole, like he did at Spurs. He actually can't function as part of a front 2 either.

Very overrated player as far as I'm concerned.

I refuse to slate Carroll until we've played them this month else it will come back to haunt me

(but he'll still be dogshit)

Blumers Bloomers said:
I refuse to slate Carroll until we've played them this month else it will come back to haunt me

(but he'll still be dogshit)
He'll miss an open goal trust me bro

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.