Top 3 pies

potato topped pies are also deserving of the pie name in my book.
fish pie is only posh if it has king prawns in it!

glyncity said:
bobmcfc said:
glyncity said:
qzgemv.jpg

Gaawd damn that looks like a fine pie
Its got Egg , its got Bacon and its baked in a pie , whats not to like ?

The pastry ?

andyhinch said:
bluegirl74 said:
potato topped pies are also deserving of the pie name in my book.
fish pie is only posh if it has king prawns in it!
This is what I was after, I love a good fish pie, try boons(chelmsford)apple topped pork pies:)

Bollocks.... homemade (avec prawns) are better...

Churchill123 said:
bobmcfc said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
That is quite possibly the most bizarre sentence I have ever read on Bluemoon.
Aspic-removal is acceptable, as it doesn't really change the fabric of the pie.
Removing the pie from a mince pie just renders it a blob of mincemeat, which is utterly pointless.
Good pastry is never stodgy either, although if your only experience of the wonderful pie is via Greggs, then I can understand feeling disappointed.

You misunderstand. I don't remove the pastry from the mince pie, just the crust from around the top.
And I don't buy pies from greggs but I like the sausage in their sausage rolls

The pastry in a greggs sausage roll is the best bit mate!!
Agree, though I only eat about half of the pastry. A quarter ends up on my jumper and the remaining quarter is inhaled directly into my lungs.

Get Brighton away in the draw and it's time for a Piglet pie, my favourite is the Chilli Beef. They have a pie of the day which is different for every game. Miles better than Pukka pies.

Not really a pie person but had cottage pie at the ground yesterday and it was very nice. Not really a pie though is it - no pastry!

1 Wienholt's Steak Pie - Alderley Edge and (I think) Heald Green
2 Hand Raised Pork Pie - New Road, Worcestershire County Cricket Ground - random I know
3 My homemade fish pie - vain I know

btw what happened to those great meat pies filled with (not much) meat and loads of juice that used to run down your hands scorching and blistering your skin off? Don't seem to be about these days

Sainsburys Pork and Pickle, great with Ploughmans Pickle, guess i just like Pickle

plongo said:
1 Wienholt's Steak Pie - Alderley Edge and (I think) Heald Green
2 Hand Raised Pork Pie - New Road, Worcestershire County Cricket Ground - random I know
3 My homemade fish pie - vain I know

btw what happened to those great meat pies filled with (not much) meat and loads of juice that used to run down your hands scorching and blistering your skin off? Don't seem to be about these days
The classy Wienholt restaurant in Cheadle called the Premier Cafe and their string of bakers shops were a feature of Stockport when I were a lad. There was one on St Petersgate called the Golden Something I think. Fantastic pies and I think George, who runs the Alderley Edge bakery, is a grandson of the founder August Wienholt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.