Top 3 pies

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Deepest Blue said:
I remove the aspic jelly stuff from my Melton.

That is quite possibly the most bizarre sentence I have ever read on Bluemoon.
Aspic-removal is acceptable, as it doesn't really change the fabric of the pie.
Can I appeal for an expert witness to adjudicate as to whether a Melton is complete without aspic?
I suspect that it is not but do not presume any authority in the matter.
The nation waits........

Churchill123 said:
bobmcfc said:
Removing the pie from a mince pie just renders it a blob of mincemeat, which is utterly pointless.
Good pastry is never stodgy either, although if your only experience of the wonderful pie is via Greggs, then I can understand feeling disappointed.

You misunderstand. I don't remove the pastry from the mince pie, just the crust from around the top.
And I don't buy pies from greggs but I like the sausage in their sausage rolls

The pastry in a greggs sausage roll is the best bit mate!!

I tear it all off and throw it in the bin

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
Good point well made.
I bet some fussy bastard will be along shortly to tell us that they remove the mashed potato from the top of fish pies.
So is that still technically a pie?
It's a proper can of worms, this pie-defining business.

Femibob's pastry removal has opened a can of worms, Andy Gray would probably make a comment about women being fussy.

...and he would be right.
The thread is now in turmoil over pie-definition, thanks to bob and her pie-tampering.
Blokes don't resort to this weirdness - look at the two pie-molesters on here - both women.
Why do the fair sex want to ruin pies?
Is it some deep Freudian thing?
Do they see themselves as taking back control in a male-dominated society by removing our pastry?
I don't know why Ric relented and allowed them on here to be honest, as they are nothing but trouble.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOaFh-yJk_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Unrelated to this post; The jelly doesn't stay jelly after a minute in the microwave. Warm pork pies are fit. So are warm mince pies. Before you jump down my throat about it being strange just try it first. You won't be disappointed.

Deepest Blue said:
I remove the aspic jelly stuff from my Melton.

Removing the pie from a mince pie just renders it a blob of mincemeat, which is utterly pointless.
Good pastry is never stodgy either, although if your only experience of the wonderful pie is via Greggs, then I can understand feeling disappointed.

I don't think he was referring to his pie Sir fetters.

A hot butter pie, remove the lid, crumbled cheddar stuffed inside and lid back on. Heaven on a plate.

qzgemv.jpg

egg and bacon pie , got to be up there

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.