Top 6 clubs close to claiming majority of tv rights

Happy that this is taking place. No-one wants to watch boring teams like Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth. Why should they profit off City’hard work? I say stuff em, they didn’t care about supporting the club when pushing for VAR.

Unfortunately, it's a case of kill or be killed. It's dog eat dog in the big league now a days..and you won't find City in a can of Pedigree chum!

Unfortunately, it's a case of kill or be killed. It's dog eat dog in the big league now a days..and you won't find City in a can of Pedigree chum!
True, but but can't help thinking greedy bastards it's like the school bully I was in the boat 1st now fuck off feel we've lost all identity from maine road

True, but but can't help thinking greedy bastards it's like the school bully I was in the boat 1st now fuck off feel we've lost all identity from maine road
Yes. I feel the same pal, but if we don't make the cut with the big boys then we'll be left for dust.

Happy that this is taking place. No-one wants to watch boring teams like Huddersfield, Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth. Why should they profit off City’hard work? I say stuff em, they didn’t care about supporting the club when pushing for VAR.
We were boring not very long ago - remember Stuart Pearce era

This is exactly what happened in Spain, and they had to change it back again because it became way to uncompetitive. One of the reasons the Premier League makes so much more money than La Liga in the first place is because games aren't a foregone conclusion.
Similar position in Scotland. The TV deals over the past 20 odd years heavily distributed cash to the top two to ensure that Rangers and Celtic dominated. Add in the European CL Revenue which both Rangers and Celtic generally had until fairly recently, and you have a lop-sided distribution model that totally destroyed the competition and in turn led to a reduction in the value of the TV deals.

Back in the 1980s, Aberdeen and Dundee United were winning League titles. Earlier Dundee, Hearts, Hibs and even Kilmarnock were competitive. Scottish clubs used to win European trophies, as time went on instead of getting two into the Group Stages of the CL, only one gets in and faces four Qualifying rounds to get there. Now Rangers have gone bust and dropped out of contention and the SPFL has become a one horse race.

That is the future that faces the Premier League if they contunue to go down this road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.