Top by 5pm Saturday?

I dont think being in second place has done us any harm. Reduced the hype and expectations just a tad. It wouldnt bother me if we were in the same position up to the new year. I still believe that United will fade a bit the longer the season goes on. They seemed to have geared themselves up for a flying start, were obviously sharper than us at the CS. I think both City and United will win this weekend and I'll be reasonably happy with a point next week.

cibaman said:
I dont think being in second place has done us any harm. Reduced the hype and expectations just a tad. It wouldnt bother me if we were in the same position up to the new year. I still believe that United will fade a bit the longer the season goes on. They seemed to have geared themselves up for a flying start, were obviously sharper than us at the CS. I think both City and United will win this weekend and I'll be reasonably happy with a point next week.

The Rags only get better as the year goes on. You should know this. It would be nice to be 6pts clear come next week for me!!! Dream world some may say, but I think it is possible, and I would much rather be 6pts clear walking out of O.T and facing Wolves at home the week after, Qpr then the Magpies!!!! Dream stuff!!

United are due a good dicking and Liverpool are just the team to do it. Kenny won't have them rolling over for Baconface like Moyes, Allardyce, Arry and Co. Carroll to soften them up and Suarez to stick the knife in.......4-0.

Prestwich_Blue said:
We will put 7 past Villa without reply. Dippers will beat the rags 8-0.

This will mean going into the derby with a goal difference 16 better than them, meaning they need to beat us by 9 clear goals to get the top spot back.

...now you've done it!

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
United are due a good dicking and Liverpool are just the team to do it. Kenny won't have them rolling over for Baconface like Moyes, Allardyce, Arry and Co. Carroll to soften them up and Suarez to stick the knife in.......4-0.

they very rarely lose 2 big games on the trot so i couldnt be arsed if they win on sat

I wonder when the "not in my lifetime" statement will bite fungus on the arse?
If liverpool beat the rags and we turn over villa heavily, could it actually be the 23rd even though it's at the sty?

whothefisAlice said:
cibaman said:

The Rags only get better as the year goes on. You should know this. It would be nice to be 6pts clear come next week for me!!! Dream world some may say, but I think it is possible, and I would much rather be 6pts clear walking out of O.T and facing Wolves at home the week after, Qpr then the Magpies!!!! Dream stuff!!

They usually start sluggishly and then get better. They've clearly changed their pre season routine to ensure that they got off to a flying start. But players cannot be at a physical peak all season long. Its likely that they sacrificed some endurance work in favour of that early season sharpness. It'll eventually catch up with them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.