Top Man t-shirt sparks outrage

Rules and standards differ a lot. Most likely the designer had no idea at all with the person who okays stuff maybe just starting their job after moving from the USA. Very easy for this to get overlooked as a generic item of clothing. Without being sexist here hopefully, there is a chance if it went past a few quality control staff, if they were women then they are likely not to know about it. A 25yo female clothing designer for example is very unlikely to know the mistake they have made.
It’s s blokes top modelled by a fella. Someone must have clocked it surely?

Problem is this will be made in SEA in a sweatshop amongst loads of other designs where no one will think about the slogan.

I have seen t-shirts with hitler, the twin towers, and other terrible people/event on t-shirts in Thailand that are made with no real knowledge/interest in the reference as it's something/someone from the other side of the world with no meaning to them.

Top shop designer my arse, they will comission a shitlaod of cheap logo shirts and not know what the fuck is on them till after, same as the hoodie from GAP( I think) the other month

It is supposed to be a reference to a marley song, but once unpacked and seen any intelligent store manager would/should have looked and put them straight back in the box as the obvious possible offence is there to see.

It making it on any shopfloor is stageringly stupid and terrible

Last edited:
Not sure about this. The design is a mock football shirt hence why the 96 on the back is big. It refers to a Bob Marley song and has some lyrics to the song on the top which includes Karma on the sleeves.

It is all explainable. As far as I’m aware topshop is a global company. Liverpool are a small amount of the population. Do topshop have to check with the scousers any slogan they put on a top to ensure it doesn’t offend them? The world doesn’t revolve around them.

Problem is this will be made in SEA in a sweatshop amongst loads of other designs where no one will think about the slogan.

I have seen t-shirts with hitler, the twin towers, and other terrible people/event on t-shirts in Thailand that are made with no real knowledge/interest in the reference as it's something/someone from the other side of the world with no meaning to them.

Top shop designer my arse, they will comission a shitlaod of cheap logo shirts and not know what the fuck is on them till after, same as the hoodie from GAP( I think) the other month

It is supposed to be a reference to a marley song, but once unpacked and seen any intelligent store manager would/should have looked and put them straight back in the box as the obvious possible offence is there to see.

Surely in S.E.A. someone would have picked up on, it's full off the worlds most knowledgeable fans!!

This looks very dubious to me.

How many t-shirts have you seen referencing songs and making the year of their release the centre point if the design, in the style of a football shirt number?

Then consider that it' not exactly the most famous song in the world.

Then consider that it isn't even the year of release but apparently the year of a remix release.

I don a company believe that a company like top an would sanction it deliberately but I do find it hard to imagine that this wasn' put together deliberately by some sort of troll designer or someone somewhere along the process (maybe thinking it would never see the light of day)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.