Top Policeman Lied Over Hillsborough

gordondaviesmoustache said:
shackattack said:
apparently his legal team are monitoring social media etc and should he face a future trial they may use this as evidence that he may not get a fair trial.
Not a fucking chance that application will succeed. All for show for the client, who'll doubtless be funded by the police federation.
i totally agree mate, amazing how he kept that information so quiet until the recent inquests, his exchanges with the families legal teams could be very interesting tomorrow.

shackattack said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
shackattack said:
apparently his legal team are monitoring social media etc and should he face a future trial they may use this as evidence that he may not get a fair trial.
Not a fucking chance that application will succeed. All for show for the client, who'll doubtless be funded by the police federation.
i totally agree mate, amazing how he kept that information so quiet until the recent inquests, his exchanges with the families legal teams could be very interesting tomorrow.
The notion that he'll get the case dismissed because he can't get a fair trial as a consequence of incriminating himself is like something off Monty Python it's so farcical.

Hopefully the families will at least get some closure this time.

Two of my best friends were at Hillsborough and for 6 hours we didn't know if they were coming home or not. It was a long wait for news. Both were at the back of the crush outside the turnstiles but did not get into the ground. Imagine the panic of families of all fans who went that day. No mobile phones and few phone boxes.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It was known that he lied about the order to open the gate after the Taylor Inquiry. How the fuck he got away with it I really do not know.

It's despicable beyond words how the whole affair has been handled the last 25 years.

There's rumours that some of the disaster funds handled by SYP never went to the families of the victims. Suggestions that some of these funds were asked to be used by the police themselves.

This was taken from a police forum of all places:

this wasn't an error in judgement it was a sustained 25 year campaign which in some cases involved the bullying and harassment of both families and officers (not just by SYP officers) and kept donated funds in an attempt to buy a holiday home for officers, gym equipment for stations and even microwaves for canteens

Post 4 - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php/topic/145037-hillsborough-why-were-the-police-held-responsible/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.policespecials.com/forum/ind ... sponsible/</a>

After a bit of digging, it seems these rumours are actually fact.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/19/south-yorkshire-police-hillsborough-fund" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... rough-fund</a>

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Hopefully the families will at least get some closure this time.

Two of my best friends were at Hillsborough and for 6 hours we didn't know if they were coming home or not. It was a long wait for news. Both were at the back of the crush outside the turnstiles but did not get into the ground. Imagine the panic of families of all fans who went that day. No mobile phones and few phone boxes.

I remember speaking to a relative of a Scouse lass I was dating his son was at Hillsborough and he said one of worst things about that day was not knowing whether his son was one of the victims or not, He said he rang a help line but didn't really get a clear picture of the tragedy so he decided to go to Hillsborough to see if his son was one of the victims, He ran into his son at the ground thankfully but I've heard some truly heartbreaking stuff from members of families who lost loved ones that day.

Makes my blood boil when I think of the shit the families have had to go through for the truth of why loved ones died that day, So many people in the police and government have alot to answer for sadly I'm not naive enough to think that these officers and officials will be brought to justice for there incompetence but hopefully the families can get that justice and the truth finally.

Prestwich_Blue said:
It was known that he lied about the order to open the gate after the Taylor Inquiry. How the fuck he got away with it I really do not know.
the same man and his assistant bernard murray who retired prematurely , their pensions secured and thus avoiding the disciplinary charges that were recommended by the police complaints authority no less.

Blue Punter said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

It's despicable beyond words how the whole affair has been handled the last 25 years.
The thing that sickens me is that telling a lie was the first thing he thought to do when the FA Secretary Graham Kelly came into the control room and asked him what was happening. From then on, the cover-up swung into action and went higher and higher.

From a senior police officer who was frightened to tell the truth about an action he'd ordered that had fatal consequences, the wholice police, judiciary and government colluded and connived to try to pin the blame onto the fans. This was the same PM who knew about Savile, Cyril Smith and god knows what else yet kept her mouth shut. Whatever I thought about her politically, her morality was seriously twisted. For that alone she can rot in hell.

I was guilty in the past for thinking it was Liverpool fans that caused this disaster. It was actually posts on here that opened my eyes to the reality. 96 people (a surprising number of kids and women) went to a football match and didn't come home. We absolutely should expect and demand better from the government and police than the incompetence and cover up that followed.

Even though it was annoying how Rodgers brought the 96 up last year in the title run in, in a desperate attempt to become the next shankley/paisley/dalglish and how the bin dipper choose to ignore how their own fans acted in heysel this is still something I have fulle respect for.

Could easily been City fans anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.