Torres In January

IanBishopsHaircut said:
chesterbells said:
Yeah, agreed. I cant remember the exact quotes but i'm pretty sure he's gone out of his way to say some rather uncomplimentary things about our club in the last few years.

I'd prefer Edin anyway.

I think that was the case when we first came into money

If you remember it was Torres that recommended Silva to come here

BOOM, thats the key point here for me. silva has spoke with alot of passion about the club in the media and in public. if he truly is that passionate about the club, and torres recommended it to him in the first place, it wouldnt suprise me if fernando joined him here

It's hard to know where Torres mind is at the minute. He's been very loyal to Liverpool - his public utterances have been sycophantic at times... but he can't be happy there and they have serious financial issues that are not going to be addressed quickly. The new owners will have purchased the club to make money - no one buys a sports franchise in the US to lose money, so any dippers thinking their new owners will invest huge sums in players can forget it. I think they will make a careful long term investment in a new stadium if they can see a way to raise revenues but they won't be handing Roy $50m for Christmas.

If Torres does want out he doesn't have loads of options, hard for him to go to Real, Barca don't need him (and probably can't afford him), Valencia certainly can't afford him. Inter or Chelsea are probably his only options outside City. In all likelihood I think Torres will move next summer - he probably has an agreement for this with Liverpool; I think Liverpool will try to keep him in January purely because they need a good second half to the season if the are to finish in the top 7. In many ways Liverpool have more to fear than us from Financial (un)Fair Play - they look like being on the wrong side of the door when it closes.... ha bloody ha.

Finally, its difficult to work out whether he is carrying an injury, has given up or just doesn't want to get injured but his performances have been poor - with just the odd spark here and there and his attitude and body language stink. I doubt Liverpool will sell for less than 40m - so at the moment that looks a gamble because its been some time since we have seen the best of Torres.

In some ways I hope I am wrong but I can't see Torres rolling up at Eastlands in January.

Fernando is a serious young man; and a new father of two. It would be unnatural of him to consider his duty to secure property for his descendants (Nora, Leo), above that of the ephemeral interests of a bunch of whining Scouse wheelie-bins, right? Additionally, he will be 27 in March, and:

Liverpool are not in the CL 2010/11. They will not be in the CL 2011/ 12. Even if they manage to qualify to play in 2012/13, does anyone seriously think they'll have built a side capable of winning it? I'll bet he doesn't. How old will he be when Liverpool have put together a side considered to serious challengers?

Sigh said:
Fernando is a serious young man; and a new father of two. It would be unnatural of him to consider his duty to secure property for his descendants (Nora, Leo), above that of the ephemeral interests of a bunch of whining Scouse wheelie-bins, right? Additionally, he will be 27 in March, and:

Liverpool are not in the CL 2010/11. They will not be in the CL 2011/ 12. Even if they manage to qualify to play in 2012/13, does anyone seriously think they'll have built a side capable of winning it? I'll bet he doesn't. How old will he be when Liverpool have put together a side considered to serious challengers?
Very sensible post, so it's Torres to Chelsea then and possibly Drogba to City.

How many times does Abromovich have to say he is no longer bankrolling Chavski and they need to start developing their own talent. And how many times does he have to say that Chavski now have a maximum wage structure. If Torres is going anywhere, it won;t be to Chavski and it won't be to City 'cos we seem not to be interested.

Harry Godwin said:
Can't say I'm that excited by the thought of signing Torres tbh.
Seems a bit injury prone.

Torres is better than every other striker we have been linked with by far. If we looked after him right his fitness wouldn't be an issue.

He is a marquee signing and could win us a lot of fans (therefore revenue) abroad. That would pay a fair chunk of his transfer fee.

If we gave him the time to get properly fit then i'd love to see Torres at City, he's a real top class player & better than any of the other strikers we've seen mentioned.

Torres is obviously pissed off with life at the dippers and will be off sooner rather than later.

The dippers and especially Woy want both Bridge and SWP, if we throw in the option of Ade or RSC then they will do the deal.

Would Torres come to us YES.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.