Torres over Dzeko?

i think dzecko could be the difference and turn us into the a title winning team, id love torres and on his day hes world class, but i would pick dzecko

Torres is proven in the Premiership but away from home his goal scoring record is no all that amazing iirc?

Also his injury record is a bit of a worry.

IMHO its a bit of a catch 22 situation with either of them.

Torres all day long!

Not only would this guy score the goals in the number 9 shirt that would win us the PL and possibly the FA cup and Europa, he will make the club an absolute fortune in terms of his marketabilty.

I'm not knocking Dzeko but if Torres is available, I'm certain he will be a blue.

As for his injury record, don't worry about it. His goals scored record isn't bad for a guy supposedly always injured and maybe, just maybe the last few months has seen him saving himself for a certain club...

1fingerwillie said:
Hulk over Dzeko? Really?

he's certainly a more versatile player and his goal count is more impressive.
I'd like to see Hulk, but I think we may have a fullback and a midfielder on the way. All speculation til January!

Didn't Torres once ridicule City as being no class or sort of money can't buy history that Liverpool had?

scenecreamer said:
1fingerwillie said:
Hulk over Dzeko? Really?

he's certainly a more versatile player and his goal count is more impressive.
I'd like to see Hulk, but I think we may have a fullback and a midfielder on the way. All speculation til January!

His goal count is only more impressive if you look exclusively at the past three months and he is in a far weaker league than either Torres or Dzeko.

I think Torres fights more into our gameplan with fluid, keep-it-on-the-ground football, but I don't know if it'd be worth all the crap we'd have to here tapping up Liverpool's best player. Plus to be honest, I don't think he wants to go anywhere. So my answer: I'd take either :p

scenecreamer said:
"This particular signing could win us the league" what nonsense... we could win it with no signings.

My opinion of Dzeko is that he is a limited player who can either drive straight up the middle or receive a cross in front of goal.

this whole "only team not to score with a header' is silly. you don't even need a tall guy to do it, look at Hernandez for chrissake....

and we have a tall guy to put in the box- Mario.

Torres would be terrible. And why is everyone focusing on a striker anyway.... we need a rightback more than a forward.

But if we needed a forward, I'd like to have Hulk.

I agree we can win the league without this type of signing, but IMO it would be dependant on other teams f*ckin up as I don't think we will win enough games to win the league, if Tevez or Mario are out we're too one dimensional and we can't rely on Jo or Ade. If we buy another top striker then our options for going out and winning games will obviously be a lot better. As for Hulk??? now who's talking nonsense!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.