Torres over Dzeko?

Andouble said:
1fingerwillie said:
You don't think he wants to play CL football?
doesn't every player?

Any that are worth anything. Which is why i DO think he wants to go somewhere. At his age and with his injury history he doesn't have a whole lot of CL glory ahead of him. Sticking with Pool almost guarantees another year withoutow CL. Seems like pretty good motivation to move on.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:29 pm --<br /><br />
Super_Christian_Negouai said:
Torres plz

Why? I honestly don't understand spending an extra 15 mil for a player 2 years older than Dzeko with serious health concerns.

charliebigspuds said:
scenecreamer said:
"This particular signing could win us the league" what nonsense... we could win it with no signings.

My opinion of Dzeko is that he is a limited player who can either drive straight up the middle or receive a cross in front of goal.

this whole "only team not to score with a header' is silly. you don't even need a tall guy to do it, look at Hernandez for chrissake....

and we have a tall guy to put in the box- Mario.

Torres would be terrible. And why is everyone focusing on a striker anyway.... we need a rightback more than a forward.

But if we needed a forward, I'd like to have Hulk.

I agree we can win the league without this type of signing, but IMO it would be dependant on other teams f*ckin up as I don't think we will win enough games to win the league, if Tevez or Mario are out we're too one dimensional and we can't rely on Jo or Ade. If we buy another top striker then our options for going out and winning games will obviously be a lot better. As for Hulk??? now who's talking nonsense!
:) fair enough, then... it's all opinions that 's for sure.

Bringing in Torres would possibly mean 50 times more shirt sales than Dzeko, and wouldn't be quite the gamble as he will most certainly score goals from the minute he puts on the blue shirt. I think he and Silva would create an immense power duo.

But, maybe Dzeko is our second choice, at the right price that is.

Torres as got the STAR quality our owners want and also a major signing that Carlos would want.

Dzeko is young and a good target man.

On a footballing basis I would like us to go for Dzeko but would be over the moon if we signed Torres.

But lets be greedy and go for both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.