Tory HQ getting smashed up

Skashion said:
Have to say I think it's good to remind our politicians once in a while that sometimes people can get so pissed off they want to smash shit up. Politicians don't really care about peaceful protest but they do give a shit about civil disobedience, civil disorder and/or revolution. I think it's the only thing that sets a line that warns the government not to cross it. If people are just moaning or walking through the streets calmly, it sends the message that you're ok and could probably push a bit further.

Is it a good thing though?? What would happen if they actually got a result and the politicians took notice?

Not a great message to be sending out. Start a riot, stick a few police officers in hospital and break into a building and you get what you want. Its abit like kids throwing their toys out the pram, if you give them what they want they turn into spoilt brats and want more.

They just had someone on Sky News who was at Millbank as part of the splinter protest. Not even a student. Says a lot.

Halfpenny said:
They just had someone on Sky News who was at Millbank as part of the splinter protest. Not even a student. Says a lot.

The "Student" who said she was a full-time "Paid Campaigner"? What a complete thicko she was.

finchy396_396x222.jpg

"Fuckin' students. University of life me."

Ancient Citizen said:
Skashion said:
Have to say I think it's good to remind our politicians once in a while that sometimes people can get so pissed off they want to smash shit up. Politicians don't really care about peaceful protest but they do give a shit about civil disobedience, civil disorder and/or revolution. I think it's the only thing that sets a line that warns the government not to cross it. If people are just moaning or walking through the streets calmly, it sends the message that you're ok and could probably push a bit further.

I'm sure you'll be equally magnanimous when some rioting scrotes put your windows through and kick your kids to death. As you say, it warns the government not to be complacent.
People must feel free to do whatever they want. It would be most unfair otherwise.
I have no windows. I live in a shoebox in the middle of the road.<br /><br />-- Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 pm --<br /><br />
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Not a great message to be sending out. Start a riot, stick a few police officers in hospital and break into a building and you get what you want. Its abit like kids throwing their toys out the pram, if you give them what they want they turn into spoilt brats and want more.
I think the precedent was set long ago. Long before the Battle of Seattle and long before the Poll Tax Riots. Indeed, long before even the French decided that was the way the go about things.

Absolute lay abouts. "oh ya Im here to uuh like umm protest against the ummm yuhh errr like Tories because umm they are umm like really bad, yah"

'Gap Yarr' tossers. If you want the right to lay about for 4 years of life studying some shityy worthless degree then shock horror YOU will have to pay for it.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Absolute lay abouts. "oh ya Im here to uuh like umm protest against the ummm yuhh errr like Tories because umm they are umm like really bad, yah"

'Gap Yarr' tossers. If you want the right to lay about for 4 years of life studying some shityy worthless degree then shock horror YOU will have to pay for it.

Go to uni for 4 years.
Learn to spell shitty.

Cameron jollying off to rim the Chinese.

Clegg pissing his pants in PMQs.

Tens of thousands of student layabouts and pissed off vandals burn out Conservative Party HQ's reception.

Then the Manchester derby.

What a day for Fleet Street.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.