Tosin Adarabioyo

Don't blame Pep for not playing Tosin while he's running his contract down.

Think we could have given more opportunities to others though.

Agree Guardiola appears to be just another check book manager sadly.

According to the ITK's he's going to buy fucking Pickford now. Stops Gunn from going to championship clubs on loan and now he'll probably say he's not got enough experience.

We have 37 players on loan and you think the club is snobbishly above loans.

Jesus Christ some people are so detached from reality.

37 is just a number, it includes Bruno Zucolini, Luke Brattan and Anthony Caceres. I'm talking about actual prospects and at the right time.

Please tell me what the likes of Brandon Barker, Ash Smith-Brown and Manu Garcia have learnt playing against Ajax reserves in Holland?

The only ones you can consider a success are Patrick Roberts and Enas Unal and one of the former instigated the move away as he did not want to play in the U21 league and the other i presume is for work permit reasons.

Last edited:
We loan out loads of players.

A big strong lad like Tosin would probably not be harmed by the lower leagues here. Some of the smaller lads would not understand how to play that football, get dropped & lose their confidence, never to be seen again.

Very few non physical players will go from City to the lower leagues & succeed.

If they can't hack in in the lower leagues or at least learn to, how do you expect them to hack it in the Premier League? Genuine question. These lads have the talent already, they don't go out on loan to progress technically, they go out for experience.

I say it time and time again, if they lose confidence and never to be seen again then they aren't good enough anyway. To make it at the very top you need to be technically and mentally strong. If you can't come back from set backs then you're not cut out for the top. It's all well and good skipping past players your own age at 16/17 and looking like the next Messi, try doing that at 19/20 against Sergio Ramos and Thiago Silva. They can't because they don't know how to.

37 is just a number, it includes Bruno Zucolini, Luke Brattan and Anthony Caceres. I'm talking about actual prospects and at the right time.

Please tell me what the likes of Brandon Barker, Ash Smith-Brown and Manu Garcia have learnt playing against Ajax reserves in Holland?

The only ones you can consider a success are Patrick Roberts and Enas Unal and one of the former instigated the move away as he did not want to play in the U21 league and the other i presume is for work permit reasons.

In one post you talk about experience being the point of the loans and in another you ask what they could possibly have learnt playing in a professional league in front of 20,000 paying fans and fighting for promotion, alongside players who's livelihood depends on the outcomes of the games they are playing. You've gone on a rant above about mentality, which I've noticed is your favourite word when slagging off youth players, but actually, your idea of "mentality" is just going to league 1 for a bit and getting kicked in the shin without complaining.

I have to be honest I find your posts on this forum to be a caricature of some caveman English football fan stuck in the 80's, where the only thing that matters is someones ability to take a kicking or play on a pitch that's more mud than grass. It's gotten to the point where half the time I think you're actually just winding people up which I suppose is not helped by the fact you've not once made a positive comment about any youth player, and are the only person ever to watch a game of football who thinks Kevin De Bruyne lacks footballing intelligence.

Would have thought the Breda lads in particular would have learnt a huge amount. Not just on the football pitch either.

He's only been not in a position to play them because he follows the Pellegrini and Mancini school of never playing a kid in a league game. Players like Tom Davies were not given 4 cup games over 3 years to see if they were good enough, they were just chucked into the league.

That may or may not be true, but most of he games I would have considered Tosin for, he's played & imo looked a bit confused. Garcia imo could have played a lot more.

It'd be hugely disappointing if Adarabioyo leaves. It'd almost make you question what the point is in us having an academy.

It'd be hugely disappointing if Adarabioyo leaves. It'd almost make you question what the point is in us having an academy.
The day it's announced that he's joined Everton will be a fucking joke. Sick of what's happening here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.