Tosin Adarabioyo

Ake won 67.6% of his aerial duels in the last 12 months. Tosin won 69.4% - so hardly any difference - both in the top 20%.

That's also a drop for Ake from the previous season at City, when his win rate in the Premier League was 75.5%, which was fifth best in the entire division.

Obviously being tall isn't just about winning headers, but at City, amongst our defenders, only Stones outperforms him in the air.
You still want Ake on the outside in 3- scheme (I guess this is the reason he gets that %). Whilist Tosin can play anywhere in back 3 when needed.

Tosin could certainly have been handled a bit better while he was at City. Centrebacks seems to be an area we are very cautious about and stick with tried and tested rather than bringing through youngsters at all. I think he could probably have been given Eric Garcia's chances though.

However, we've just won 3 title on the trot and done the treble. What we are doing is working!

If we want to persist with a 3 or 4 centrebacks system, there's an argument that maybe the 5th or 6th centre-back should be from the academy and get some game time to help them develop I to a first choice level. There are undoubtedly some games during the season where we wouldn't lose out by Harwood-Bellis or Callum Doyle playing the last half hour. But long term these players want to be first choices somewhere and doing it here is difficult.

For me, Tosin now is an ok centre-back. He's tall and decent technically, so there are positives, but he's not good enough for our level. He isn't mobile enough to play in the wide areas the way we do, so he'd have to play as the central DC, but can anyone honestly suggest playing him ahead of Ruben? Don't be daft. And even if he wasn't available, any of our other current defenders would play ahead of Tosin. Stones is on a different planet in terms of footballing ability and even Laporte could barely get a game.

(Shakes head and walks off muttering)...

Edit - tbf, I think he's capable and if Maguire can play for England, so can Tosin. I had half expected him to have at least one cap by now, but it hasn't happened. Doesn't mean it won't. But these days an England cap doesn't mean you're good enough for City either, most aren't.

Last edited:
You keep distorting my words, LMAO.
And 20% sell-on fee isn't a buy-back clause. And yeah. 2 freaking mils for such a good defender. That was when I finally 100% gave up on Pep and Tixi

So if £2m was so bad (bad enough for you to give up on people who have demonstrated how good at their job over and oveer again) then where were all of the top sides who were competing for such a bargain? In fact as Tosin is the "perfect defender physically and technically" why is it only Spurs who are after him?

I agree Tosin is a very good defender but he was never quite up to what we needed and he isn't today, obviously in my opinion but the lack of competition for his signature i think supports that.

I love seeing kids come through and i love seeing our kids having great careers elsewhere, it demonstrates what a spectacular set up Txixi in particular has created at City. Another example is Lavia who i would love back but i don't think he is ready yet but timing is everything i guess in this game.

people who have demonstrated how good at their job over and oveer again
Ahahah aaaaa... Oh yeah, they have demonstrated their incompetence and stubbornness (in a bad way) again and again.

why is it only Spurs who are after him?
Well, Inter is after him too.

but he was never quite up to what we needed
And we needed what?? He even has all these passing skills, FFS. As well as decent dribbling for a CB.

love seeing our kids having great careers elsewhere, it demonstrates what a spectacular set up Txixi in particular has created at City. Another example is Lavia who i would love back but i don't think he is ready yet but timing is everything i guess in this game.
What Tixi has created are 2 pipes: through one he sends youngsters on loan and then out of the club and through the other spends awfully strange lot amount of money on, most often, strange players.

Tosin could certainly have been handled a bit better while he was at City. Centrebacks seems to be an area we are very cautious about and stick with tried and tested rather than bringing through youngsters at all. I think he could probably have been given Eric Garcia's chances though.

However, we've just won 3 title on the trot and done the treble. What we are doing is working!

If we want to persist with a 3 or 4 centrebacks system, there's an argument that maybe the 5th or 6th centre-back should be from the academy and get some game time to help them develop I to a first choice level. There are undoubtedly some games during the season where we wouldn't lose out by Harwood-Bellis or Callum Doyle playing the last half hour. But long term these players want to be first choices somewhere and doing it here is difficult.

For me, Tosin now is an ok centre-back. He's tall and decent technically, so there are positives, but he's not good enough for our level. He isn't mobile enough to play in the wide areas the way we do, so he'd have to play as the central DC, but can anyone honestly suggest playing him ahead of Ruben? Don't be daft. And even if he wasn't available, any of our other current defenders would play ahead of Tosin. Stones is on a different planet in terms of footballing ability and even Laporte could barely get a game.

(Shakes head and walks off muttering)...

Edit - tbf, I think he's capable and if Maguire can play for England, so can Tosin. I had half expected him to have at least one cap by now, but it hasn't happened. Doesn't mean it won't. But these days an England cap doesn't mean you're good enough for City either, most aren't.
Laporte, Ruben, Walker, Adarabioyo, Akanji, then, maybe, Ake. And sell Stones

Cause that means that he plays against wing players, who most often are not Garreth Bale, or, more rare, he faces quick strikers who aren't tall or made for headers either.
But he's still getting better figures than Akanji and Laporte.

Tosin could certainly have been handled a bit better while he was at City. Centrebacks seems to be an area we are very cautious about and stick with tried and tested rather than bringing through youngsters at all.
And yeah, I agree with you on that. If Tosin was given at least 1,5% of chances Stones has been given, oh boy... (And Adarabioyo played solid, whilist Stones was nowhere near solid)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.