totally underwhelmed

the liverpool game potentially is going to be the ultimate 0-0 bore draw.

hodgson will have a better squad of players moulded into the disciplined way in which fulham played, denying space all around the park, while mancini will again adopt a lets see if we can pinch a goal approach.

i am desperate to see a positive attacking display against a supposed top side, not 90 minutes of total caution, especially at home.

although football is a results driven industry, a big factor for myself is being entertained, i will never fathom why people accept paying a kings ransom for tickets and then sit through chess like football.

for some winning is everything, me personally i love to see city win, but i want to see players expressing themselves.

fathellensbellend said:

hodgson will have a better squad of players moulded into the disciplined way in which fulham played, denying space all around the park, while mancini will again adopt a lets see if we can pinch a goal approach.

i am desperate to see a positive attacking display against a supposed top side, not 90 minutes of total caution, especially at home.

although football is a results driven industry, a big factor for myself is being entertained, i will never fathom why people accept paying a kings ransom for tickets and then sit through chess like football.

for some winning is everything, me personally i love to see city win, but i want to see players expressing themselves.
I am of the same mould. Ultimately the points are what are at stake, but you've gotta do your best to get those points. Liverpool under Rafa were a boring team. Today's match might shed a bit of light on what we can expect.

I agree with the OP, this isn't a kneejerk reaction but a statement of fact. Mancini will win us games and in a few years will win us the league but the reason that Spurs are better than us at the moment is that they attack and they take chances by sending players forward. Their fans demand it and so should we.

4-3-3 is good with the right mix of players but our trio of De Jong, Barry and Toure got dominated by fatty Huddlestone and Modric. This might not be the case when we've had time to gel but those three won't suddenly become creative dynamos.

I wan't Mancini to continue but I want him to adapt his tactics and make us an attacking force rather than a defensive wall.

fathellensbellend said:

^^^^^^

Footballers playing football not fukin tag expressive free flowing. Players looking like they are enjoying what they do this is what frightens other teams not names
Imagine KK In charge of this lot they would be left to run riot

fathellensbellend said:

Just like us Arsenal would take a point now tbh..

You cant just go all forward and attack if you risk to concede 2-3 goals every game!

I cant understand how ppl obviously prefer watching a game where we need to score 4 fooking goals to win the game. its insane, and we were the laughing stock.

we have witnessed first hand what this all attacking tactics really do. concede as a div 5 team. not able to win at home att the like as burnley, not to mention lose every game away (almost)

So my conclution is: all you that dont like Mancinis set up, have short memeories i must say.
Funny part is, you build your agruemantenation on Spurs Away where we havent got a point for ages. thats just sums up how unrealistic some fans really are.

How many goals less scored we under Mancini vs hughes?

fathellensbellend said:
scorer said:
Disagree totally. Method and style need to be adapted to achieve results. Against the likes of Spurs you have to set yourselves up not to be beaten and this he did, very well in my opinion.

If you want to watch six goal thrillers every week thats great but dont expect success.... not yet anyway, that will come with time.

You have to be patient.

in simple terms, you will never win games if you don't get nobody in the box.

up to yet against the best sides, mancini has totally failed to show the know how of how to even create chances against them, never mind score.

we had new players i agree, but they were top players, added to a top squad, we cannot keep hiding behind the new team syndrome, yesterday was a league game and should be assessed accordingly.

the result was fine, the second half was a vast improvement, and there were some encouraging signs, but as an attacking force we were shit.

Blimey. First game, away, against our bogey team with new players and 3/4 weeks away from being fully fit and you want us to go at it gung ho???

Did you miss the CL final. Inter let Bayern batter away at them soaked it up and then when they got the chance put the ball in the net. Look at the number of chances and shots on target Bayern had compared to Inter yet who won the game.

Give Mancini chance to get everyone match fit and playing to his systems and we'll be a very dangerous team to play. Forget the first half from yesterday it was inevitable they would come at us at 100mph and yes we were lucky not to concede and concentrate on the second half that's the future. Patient possession football till we create an chance and then we'll have the quality to take it.

fathellensbellend said:

you have to choice. do you want your club to win or just do you want to be entertained ?

you have to choice.

zeven said:
You cant just go all forward and attack if you risk to concede 2-3 goals every game!

I cant understand how ppl obviously prefer watching a game where we need to score 4 fooking goals to win the game. its insane, and we were the laughing stock.

we have witnessed first hand what this all attacking tactics really do. concede as a div 5 team. not able to win at home att the like as burnley, not to mention lose every game away (almost)

So my conclution is: all you that dont like Mancinis set up, have short memeories i must say.
Funny part is, you build your agruemantenation on Spurs Away where we havent got a point for ages. thats just sums up how unrealistic some fans really are.

How many goals less scored we under Mancini vs hughes?

But you can play attacking and not let that many in at the back. That's why Spurs finished above us, we had them at home and just needed to beat them to get Champs League but we were negative and payed the ultimate price.

woolleyback blue said:
fathellensbellend said:
in simple terms, you will never win games if you don't get nobody in the box.

up to yet against the best sides, mancini has totally failed to show the know how of how to even create chances against them, never mind score.

we had new players i agree, but they were top players, added to a top squad, we cannot keep hiding behind the new team syndrome, yesterday was a league game and should be assessed accordingly.

the result was fine, the second half was a vast improvement, and there were some encouraging signs, but as an attacking force we were shit.

Blimey. First game, away, against our bogey team with new players and 3/4 weeks away from being fully fit and you want us to go at it gung ho???

Did you miss the CL final. Inter let Bayern batter away at them soaked it up and then when they got the chance put the ball in the net. Look at the number of chances and shots on target Bayern had compared to Inter yet who won the game .

Give Mancini chance to get everyone match fit and playing to his systems and we'll be a very dangerous team to play. Forget the first half from yesterday it was inevitable they would come at us at 100mph and yes we were lucky not to concede and concentrate on the second half that's the future. Patient possession football till we create an chance and then we'll have the quality to take it.

this.
Inter won CL beating chelsea barca and bayern always having less than 30% possession. and won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.