totally underwhelmed

Simple fact: Last time we went to WHL we got battered. This time we drawn the match. That, in my mind, is progress and + 1 point on last seasons total.

I don't care how we play as long as we pick up points and get positive results. You seem to think that we can go away from home in the first game of the season with three or four new players in the team and play them off their own pitch! Wake up because it's not going to happen!

It's not so long ago that we could not win away with Mark Hughes for the life of us and now we drew against a team that hammered us last season at a stadium where only 3 teams (Rags, Wolves, Stoke) beat them last season.

Wake up and smell the coffee. It will take time!

dw7 said:
3 new players started yesterday 1 went off at half time and 1 has only played 35 min pre season with the team

2 of our old players cost us a win swp and richards swap them for johnson and botange and it would of been different

Fuck me that's a twisted viewpoint.

What actually happened is that Joe Hart saved us a hiding.

scorer said:
fathellensbellend said:
regardless of the influx of new players, bonding etc, i cannot help but feel mancini again yesterday served up more of his anti football and without the brilliance of joe hart his negativity would once again have been exposed.

to my mind thats 7 games out of 8 against top sides under mancini tenure where we have barely mustered a shot. everton home and away last season, liverpool at home, arsenal away, utd at home. and now spurs at home and away. (the exception chelsea away)

in a sport that is results driven, it's just such a turn off, you work all week, spend a small fortune on tickets and travel and the manager cannot even be arsed to commit any players forward.

i suppose in the context of the league a 0-0 at spurs is a bloody good result, but the method and the style just doesn't appeal to me one bit.

i expect to get shot down in flames, but it's a forum and it's my view, and i want to see city trying to win games, not stifle the life out of them, and that has become a regular trend under mancini against the top sides.

Disagree totally. Method and style need to be adapted to achieve results. Against the likes of Spurs you have to set yourselves up not to be beaten and this he did, very well in my opinion.

If you want to watch six goal thrillers every week thats great but dont expect success.... not yet anyway, that will come with time.

You have to be patient.

in simple terms, you will never win games if you don't get nobody in the box.

up to yet against the best sides, mancini has totally failed to show the know how of how to even create chances against them, never mind score.

we had new players i agree, but they were top players, added to a top squad, we cannot keep hiding behind the new team syndrome, yesterday was a league game and should be assessed accordingly.

the result was fine, the second half was a vast improvement, and there were some encouraging signs, but as an attacking force we were shit.

fathellensbellend said:
regardless of the influx of new players, bonding etc, i cannot help but feel mancini again yesterday served up more of his anti football and without the brilliance of joe hart his negativity would once again have been exposed.

to my mind thats 7 games out of 8 against top sides under mancini tenure where we have barely mustered a shot. everton home and away last season, liverpool at home, arsenal away, utd at home. and now spurs at home and away. (the exception chelsea away)

in a sport that is results driven, it's just such a turn off, you work all week, spend a small fortune on tickets and travel and the manager cannot even be arsed to commit any players forward.

i suppose in the context of the league a 0-0 at spurs is a bloody good result, but the method and the style just doesn't appeal to me one bit.

i expect to get shot down in flames, but it's a forum and it's my view, and i want to see city trying to win games, not stifle the life out of them, and that has become a regular trend under mancini against the top sides.

I know what you are saying and it is important how we set up and play, but,
whatever you think of the style of football absolutely pales into significance behind the fantastic point that we gained yesterday, i had a great feeling during the second half that we are onto something good, i mean, what was the score the last time we went to Shite Hart Lane? we have quality right through the team and you could just hear twitcher telling his team to have one eye on us going forward because we are so dangerous as was nearly proven with SWP,a bit of bolox and we would have been smiling with 3 points in the bag, fking bring on the rats next week, for once it is them that will be shitting it, we'll fuk em.

C_T_I_D said:
Simple fact: Last time we went to WHL we got battered. This time we drawn the match. That, in my mind, is progress and + 1 point on last seasons total.

I don't care how we play as long as we pick up points and get positive results. You seem to think that we can go away from home in the first game of the season with three or four new players in the team and play them off their own pitch! Wake up because it's not going to happen!

It's not so long ago that we could not win away with Mark Hughes for the life of us and now we drew against a team that hammered us last season at a stadium where only 3 teams (Rags, Wolves, Stoke) beat them last season.

west ham away, 2 years ago, totally new team.

Johnsonontheleft said:
dw7 said:
3 new players started yesterday 1 went off at half time and 1 has only played 35 min pre season with the team

2 of our old players cost us a win swp and richards swap them for johnson and botange and it would of been different

Fuck me that's a twisted viewpoint.

What actually happened is that Joe Hart saved us a hiding.

yes but from what i have said he probably wouldnt of had to do as much

fathellensbellend said:
scorer said:
Disagree totally. Method and style need to be adapted to achieve results. Against the likes of Spurs you have to set yourselves up not to be beaten and this he did, very well in my opinion.

If you want to watch six goal thrillers every week thats great but dont expect success.... not yet anyway, that will come with time.

You have to be patient.

up to yet against the best sides, mancini has totally failed to show the know how of how to even create chances against them, never mind score.

we had new players i agree, but they were top players, added to a top squad, we cannot keep hiding behind the new team syndrome, yesterday was a league game and should be assessed accordingly.

the result was fine, the second half was a vast improvement, and there were some encouraging signs, but as an attacking force we were shit.

We were shite as an attacking force because Carlos was coming too deep which left nobody down the middle, that was the big downfall for me yesterday. Good point at a very difficult ground in the end.

kippaxblue76 said:
fathellensbellend said:

We were shite as an attacking force because Carlos was coming too deep which left nobody down the middle, that was the big downfall for me yesterday. Good point at a very difficult ground in the end.

no center forward drop barry for balotelli and put silva on the left boetange and johnson for richards and swp and we be ok i think

fathellensbellend said:
C_T_I_D said:

west ham away, 2 years ago, totally new team.

That was West Ham and this is Spurs. We have a great record against WHU. We don't against Spurs. For all those who loved Sven / Hughes, they didn't do any better than Mancini has done as far as I'm aware.

Johnsonontheleft said:
A key moment was that injury time freekick - spurs, Chelsea or the rags would have launched that into the box looking for a late winner, whereas we were content to play it short and keep possession.
We played it short and backwards, can anyone explain that !! Yes i understand we wanted to hold on to the ball, but come on last couple of minutes and a chance to lob it into there box. This does seem to be a common practice with our free kicks, why the fek are we so shy of putting the ball into the danger area, it was the same last season. Would any tactical genius like to explain. It is the one part of our game that is so easy to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.