totally underwhelmed

I'm beginning to disagree with Mancini's philosophies both on and off the pitch.

I'm hoping that it's mainly down to lack of preparation due to the world cup.

However, every single person in the stadium would had had Johnson starting yesterday, and it became abundantly clear after 15 minutes that Tevez was refusing to play tge lone striker role and we needed Ade on the pitch.

Now that was either, IMO, awfull tactics from Mancini or poor player discipline. Which. Guess Mancini should have addressed, yet failed to.

fathellensbellend said:
regardless of the influx of new players, bonding etc, i cannot help but feel mancini again yesterday served up more of his anti football and without the brilliance of joe hart his negativity would once again have been exposed.

to my mind thats 7 games out of 8 against top sides under mancini tenure where we have barely mustered a shot. everton home and away last season, liverpool at home, arsenal away, utd at home. and now spurs at home and away. (the exception chelsea away)

in a sport that is results driven, it's just such a turn off, you work all week, spend a small fortune on tickets and travel and the manager cannot even be arsed to commit any players forward.

i suppose in the context of the league a 0-0 at spurs is a bloody good result, but the method and the style just doesn't appeal to me one bit.

i expect to get shot down in flames, but it's a forum and it's my view, and i want to see city trying to win games, not stifle the life out of them, and that has become a regular trend under mancini against the top sides.
I agree with your comments about last year on the big games, but yesterday was a great performanace players had only been together a few days, who did spurs have away mid week? 2 players?

i thought we couldn't handle crouch and they were a lot sharper, quick to close down. everything they did went through crouch, from long balls where they won the knock ons and their free kicks, which always ended up on his head. same thing happened last time we played them. i'm amazed he didn't play much in the world cup. their pace slowed as they tired and you could see they were worried about our attack.

if we were a bit quicker in attack instead of sideways passing and had 1 more supporting player in these attacks then we could have got more than a point.

GStar said:
I'm beginning to disagree with Mancini's philosophies both on and off the pitch.

I'm hoping that it's mainly down to lack of preparation due to the world cup.

However, every single person in the stadium would had had Johnson starting yesterday, and it became abundantly clear after 15 minutes that Tevez was refusing to play tge lone striker role and we needed Ade on the pitch.

Now that was either, IMO, awfull tactics from Mancini or poor player discipline. Which. Guess Mancini should have addressed, yet failed to.

Maybe playing SWP was to try and give Richards some help with Bale as he usually tracks back well but he was nowhere to be seen, Richards was caught one on one with Bale far to often. When SWP or Silva were attacking they were faced with two or three defenders.

Spuds at WHL last year gave Arsenal,Chelsea and us a pasting we had 3 players making their premier league debuts after just coming back from the world cup and international duty only spending a few days together and people are fooking moaning, get a grip FFS

why can you not a viewpoint where you havnt got to get a fucking grip.

does it not concern you that we are having hardly any shots on goal against top sides, and we also dont commit bodies forward.

i am sorry but i have never seen a team win anything without making an attempt to score.

kippaxblue76 said:
Maybe playing SWP was to try and give Richards some help with Bale as he usually tracks back well but he was nowhere to be seen, Richards was caught one on one with Bale far to often. When SWP or Silva were attacking they were faced with two or three defenders.

Thats a good point, and would make sense... excpet the front three continually kept swapping positions and it seemed it was Yaya, De Jong and Barry's job to track the wide men. Rather than SWP/Silva's.

first half we were absolutely shocking. second half we showed signs of being a team able to play in the way arsenal did when they were invincible. knocking the ball about beautifully around the middle wating for one killer pass. its going to take time though.

as for swp v johnson, i didnt think johnson was much better to be honest. their left back had a great game and seemed to be able to cope with both of them.

Let's not take anything away from spurs who are a top quality side and defended very well when they didn't have the ball no matter how far up the pitch we were. We weren't played off the park, defended mostly well, and a good point gained for me with our new lads having a decent first showing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.