totally underwhelmed

scorer said:
Disagree totally. Method and style need to be adapted to achieve results. Against the likes of Spurs you have to set yourselves up not to be beaten and this he did, very well in my opinion.

If you want to watch six goal thrillers every week thats great but dont expect success.... not yet anyway, that will come with time.

You have to be patient.

Top post scorer, entirely agree with this.

Blue Sunshine said:
Kippax Street 1880 said:
Maybe when they get settled to a new style of football, play a game not 3 days after travelling to the other side of the world and train for at least a month with their brand new teammates you will see them play to their full potential. Even Tevez was shite for his first 3 months for us. Mancini is a top manager and once he recreates the formation and tactics he had at Inter we will see real results.

I'm not basing my comments on the last game but on the last season. I'm very optimistic about the future under Mancini like I have already said in this thread. Last year his tactics were pretty negative though and it was the same pre season and yesterday. I know we'll improve as the team gel but as long as we continue to play 3 defensive minded players (Barry not as much) I don't see where the attacks are going to come from. If our front three get isolated and closed down then we lose our way a bit.

I guess we're lucky to have this problem, In a way it shows how far we've come that we're even having this discusion.

I agree with you that last season we were too defensive, but with the players Mancini has brought in I can't see him sticking with the same out look this season, I think he will play Yaya, Silva & Milner in midfield with Johnson, Balotelli and Tevez ahead of them in a very fluid formation, where everyone defends and attacks together. All of the creative players we have bought don't shirk there defensive responsibilities (except Balotelli) so we can afford to go really attacking once he gets the team to gel in training and in matches.

hgblue said:
Blue Sunshine said:
Is it frowned upon here to want us to attack more? It's great to see all these top players playing for us but I just hope we use them to the best of their ability.

I'll admit that it's a continuing worry of mine about Mancini. He was definitely overly defensive in some games last season, but he starts this new season with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned. A very tricky opening game against a team that is more or less the same as last season is probably not the best yardstick to judge him by. All things considered a very useful point in a fixture we usually lose against a team that would have beaten the vast majority of Premier League opponents on the day. We definitely need to give Mancini more time to finalize his squad and the team more time to gel before we start to pick holes in his tactics and individual performances.

I agree with eveything you said, I'm an eternal optimist and as long as he goes all out attack against the likes of Everon/Villa/Spurs at home then I'll be well happy.

Damocles said:
scorer said:
Disagree totally. Method and style need to be adapted to achieve results. Against the likes of Spurs you have to set yourselves up not to be beaten and this he did, very well in my opinion.

If you want to watch six goal thrillers every week thats great but dont expect success.... not yet anyway, that will come with time.

You have to be patient.

Really?

The top teams don't adapt in any major way than perhaps a rotation here or there. They play to their strengths first, believeing that they will win the game based firstly, on that.

I wouldn't expect barca to adapt their philosophies, same way i wouldn't expect Chelsea to.

We have a team equal of the talent and ability to match any, we shouldn't be going to anywhere hoping 'not to get beat'... we should be going to every game with a plan of action on how to win.

great result yesterday taking everything into account first game of the season.

no complaints what so ever from me!

leewill31 said:

no compliments what so ever from me!

You never do compliment us you boring twat. :) ;) :*)

samharris said:
leewill31 said:

no compliments what so ever from me!

You never do compliment us you boring twat. :) ;) :*)

cant believe i put that ffs :( :)

GStar said:
Damocles said:

Really?

The top teams don't adapt in any major way than perhaps a rotation here or there. They play to their strengths first, believeing that they will win the game based firstly, on that.

I wouldn't expect barca to adapt their philosophies, same way i wouldn't expect Chelsea to.

We have a team equal of the talent and ability to match any, we shouldn't be going to anywhere hoping 'not to get beat'... we should be going to every game with a plan of action on how to win.
No at spurs away in our first game, with new. thats just sucide.

GStar said:
Damocles said:

Really?

Great post!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.