TOTP BBC4 80s

I bet half the presenters are cut off from introducing the acts!
I think the totp2 reshows used to skip the episodes with nonces presenting. A real shame actually as for all it's current faults the beeb is a fantastic archive of pop history. Also, I think not showing saville hiding in plain sight is a lot more about sparing the blushes of those that facilitated him rather than his victims.

I didn't like the 88 one but thought the 76 one had a few crackers, with Heatwave, Sherbet and Wild Cherry, plus of course Sue from Legs and Co who is always worth it. It was worth watching to see Diddy David Hamilton's jacket alone, what on earth was that !?

I didn't like the 88 one but thought the 76 one had a few crackers, with Heatwave, Sherbet and Wild Cherry, plus of course Sue from Legs and Co who is always worth it. It was worth watching to see Diddy David Hamilton's jacket alone, what on earth was that !?
Sherbert sounded like it was live? Really good effort imo. I quite enjoyed J.A.L.N. Band at 100 mph. Sue goes without saying but wasn't it Ruby Flipper on this one? I preferred the all girl line ups to mixed.

Last edited:
We watch TOTP most Fridays. It's fascinating. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes terrible. Love the 80s episodes. The 70s can be pretty bizarre sometimes.

It tends to be number 1 trending on X (twitter) while it's on and some of the comments are hilarious.

Sherbert sounded like it was live? Really good effort imo. I quite enjoyed J.A.L.N. Band at 100 mph. Sue goes without saying but wasn't it Ruby Flipper on this one? I preferred the all girl line ups to mixed.
Ha yes it was Ruby Flipper. I agree, preferred Legs and Co with Sue and Rosie, by jove Mrs ! Sherbet was live and thought they did it well wonder if they flew over from Australia to perform their only hit !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.