Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds weird but doesn't feel like Cup Final day at all, Normally I'd be buzzing but struggling to get motivated for it, It's going to be a weakened line up. But I can't stop thinking of PSG. Nust hope the players don't have my mindset!
Perfect day would be the big boys rested and still lift the trophy.

Come on City!!!!!!!!
Is that because you aren't going?

I'm the same and found last Saturday weird not being at Wembley and today the same.

Steffen
Cancello
Dias
Ake
Mendy

Fernandinho
Bernado
Gundogan

Sterling
Foden
Jesus
You don't want to win then?

Going weak increases the chance of ET, Pens, late desperate substitutions, all things we can do without today. And could still end up in a loss.

A win today with a strong team can not in any way be a negative as far as PSG game is concerned.

The likes of Deli Ali, Kane and Lamela especially have form for leaving their foot in. I have a concern that Spurs will be dirty ba***rds. Hopefully we can keep possession of the ball and take our chances.
I was there in 1981 and want to taste sweet revenge!

Would of loved to be going but going to a full ground would be even better.
Just feels weird I guess.
Full ground definitely, this test event today sounds a nightmare.

Be interested to hear of fans experiences.

I was scared of going to the effort and being refused entry for whatever reason.

A huge expense and inconvenience with a risk of not getting in

P.S. I think there’s no reason NOT to play a FULL STRENGTH TEAM in this game. If players can’t play 2 big games in a few days with whats at stake, then there’s something up. Some of them can have a rest next weekend again at Palace, before the 2nd leg!

2 big games...but the first big game has been quite regular recently and the other big game has been just a dream. Pep and the players have waited 5 years for a CL semi. That is, the 1st big game isn't as big as the 2nd game, if not for many fans, then at least for Pep and the players.

Being able to prioritise competitions is key to success. It's not about giving up on two trophies within a week, as some are putting it, but about giving ourselves the best possible chance to win the CL and the PL, i.e., a fantastic double. Another league cup would be great, of course, but it won't change much about the history of the club. By contrast, a first CL, let alone a CL and PL double, would be a whole new chapter in the club's history.

It's crucial in Paris that our pressing is at its very best in order to stop passes to Neymar and Mbappé in free spaces, and for this purpose our energy levels have to be exceptional, the players have to be as fresh as possible.

Last edited:
Pep plays a strong team, but rests a few key players, while possibly giving them 20-30 mins.

It is a well-known fact that midfielders do more hard work than other positions, so I expect more changes in there than anywhere, with the frontline basically picking itself.

Ederson

Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Mendy

Bernardo
Fernandinho
Zinchenko

Sterling
Aguero
Torres

If we are going to make wholesale changes, I’d play a 5/3/2, with flying full backs, of...

Ederson

Cancelo
Garcia
Dias
Ake
Mendy

Bernardo
Fernandinho
Zinchenko

Sterling
Aguero

That team won’t happen, though.

My preferred line up would be much stronger:

Ederson

Cancelo
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko

Bernardo
Fernandinho
Foden

Aguero
Sterling

This allows us to utilize Walker as a RCB (or RB if Cancelo caught upfield), and Laporte to slide over for Zin, if needed.

With the ball, Cancelo slots into RDM alongside Fernandinho & Zin sliding in on the LDM.

That frees up Bernardo & Foden to support the attack and even play as the False Nine, with the two forwards breaking wide at times.

Conversely, if Cancelo and Zinchenko can get forward down their wing, it provides us a near post and far post striker, with two strong attacking midfielders in support.

................Ederson
......Walker...Dias...Laporte
Cancelo....Fernandinho....Zinko
.......Bernardo.......Foden
.........Aguero.......Sterling

This allows us to have our AMs go wide, as both Bernardo & Foden can play as wingers, if Joao & Zin are not down the line, or come through the middle as the forwards pull the defenders wide, creating the space in the middle.

We need to win the midfield battle, which is where we failed against Chelsea in the SF. This set up creates a very strong defensive base, with 3 to 5 midfielders at any given time.

Once we have advanced into their half of the field with the ball, a defensive stay at home 3 allows us the close down those channels where Kane, Son & Bale are so effective, while dominating midfield. The flexibility of this set up allows a 3-5 with those 5 men collapsing to a 5-3.

Regardless, I just hope Pep utilizes his 5 subs wisely. Whether that means shoring us up defensively, if ahead with 10-15 mins to go, or refreshing the mix early enough for more attacking players to have a positive effect if we are behind.

COME ON, CITY!!!

I'd like this but he won't start ederson even though he should given Steffen practically went awol last week when in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.