Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling to get motivated for this unfortunately,as i suspect the team will disappoint and the outcome will be inevitable.

I'm a glass half full though....so hoping for a pleasant surprise,and a very well earnt trophy.

With PSG game so close its inevitable Pep will rotate heavily for Spurs. So expect something like this.

Steffen
Cancelo
Garcia
Ake
Mendy
Fernadinho
Bernado
Gundoghan
Torres
Jesus
Sterling.

5 subs to use if we need them.
As it’s PSG away 1st Leg Pep won’t want to risk his key defenders in Spurs game.
If we go with that may as well not bother turning up and just give everyone a weekend off and forfeit the trophy

Best case scenario: Pep plays mostly squad players and we win, with none of the starters in Paris having played more than 60 minutes and getting injured.

Worst case scenario: Pep plays our currently best players, it goes to extra time and we lose while suffering some injuries.

A good scenario: Pep begins with 6-7 starters in Paris, we score 2-3 goals, Pep makes 4-5 subs in the 2nd half and we manage to win.

A bad scenario: Pep begins with 6-7 starters in Paris, but we lose, in regular or extra time.

Many scenarios, some good and other bad, but those involving many of our best players from the start would be too risky (for Pep, imo). No line-up guarantees a win or a loss anyway. We may play our best players, but be unlucky and lose, or our squad players, but be lucky and win. It's unpredictable. Let's hope for the best.

I would like to see a strong spine surrounded by others. Something like:

Steffen
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Mendy
Fern
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Jesus
Foden

Would be a strong enough team to lift the trophy whilst protecting some of our best for Wednesday

Foden, Bernie and Laporte have not been overplayed so should be able to do both comfortably. Gundo and Dias have got a lot of hours in their legs so should be subbed when we can.

Wednesday

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodders
Gundogan
Bernardo
Foden
De Bruyne
Mahrez

With PSG game so close its inevitable Pep will rotate heavily for Spurs. So expect something like this.

Steffen
Cancelo
Garcia
Ake
Mendy
Fernadinho
Bernado
Gundoghan
Torres
Jesus
Sterling.

As it’s PSG away 1st Leg Pep won’t want to risk his key defenders in Spurs game.
That team would be a waste of train tickets

Steffen
Cancelo
Garcia
Ake
Mendy
Fernadinho
Bernado
Gundoghan
Torres
Jesus
Sterling.

If that is the team and he rests so many surely there is no way Gundogan, the player of the season, would play ?

I honestly think theyre nailed on
With the support and nice comments Pep gave in relation to Raz I think he’s nailed on to start.

Torres has been flat in his performance levels all year and I’d be very surprised if he gets another chance today. Think it will be next season before he finds his feet.

I would like to see a strong spine surrounded by others. Something like:

Steffen
Walker
Dias
Laporte
Mendy
Fern
Gundogan
Bernardo
Sterling
Jesus
Foden

Would be a strong enough team to lift the trophy whilst protecting some of our best for Wednesday

Foden, Bernie and Laporte have not been overplayed so should be able to do both comfortably. Gundo and Dias have got a lot of hours in their legs so should be subbed when we can.

Wednesday

Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodders
Gundogan
Bernardo
Foden
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Not far off with that mate but we'll need to swap Cancelo and Walker, Walker has to start/play on Wednesday with the pace of Mbappe & Neymar

Raz will start, Bernado too. I think we're set for a dull 60 minutes of containment then we bring on some subs to quicken the pace and win the game.

Pep won't want a PL title and league cup if he's blamed for a defeat on Wednesday, caused by injuries and tiredness from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.