Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We really owe Spurs a good hiding in a big game.

They have 81, 93 cup, CL game in 2010 and Cl quarter. We probably only have the CL crouch game 2011 but ultimately I'm not sure that game even really mattered.

Come on you blue boys.
Blue skies overhead, come on!!

Ive always loved this song. Every timeI hear it I'm instantly taken back to rushing through the side streets outside Maine Road with my Grandad on the way to the game. We were always almost late, just arriving at kick off to our seats.

I always thought it was the 81 cup final song. It say 1972 squad. Did we release anything for 81?

Last edited:
We've got a cup final this afternoon you get a grip. You can't plot your way through these kind of things. Sometimes you have to roll the dice how many trophies you want to throw away for the first leg ?

The gamble game is palace and if we are lucky Leeds may do us a favour this afternoon. Players can play today and Wednesday. A couple may be swapped tactically anyhow. We have around 14 players that would figure in a pretty strong team.
Mate, I’m desperate for us to win today too, and I agree momentum will help also.
It’s just the circumstances of the fixture calendar this year, with this match on Wednesday. Growing up I always believed the league comes first, and that the European Cup was the biggest, most prestigious cup competition there is, with the toughest opponents. And the milk/rumblelows/carling/coke etc cup was always the 4th most important every season - and that’s still how I think. I’m not dismissive of it, but any club would be crazy not to give some priority to the match on Wednesday. Now we’ve come this far, i so want to see City in a European final, as I certainly don’t remember the last one! (And yes, deffo fingers crossed for a dirty Leeds win later).

I see Peps dilemma this is definitely the lesser cup. We have bigger fish to fry. I kinda think Pep knows what he is doing when trying to pick a team. I’d question it if Alan Ball was in charge or shall we say Frank Clarke.. perish the thought.

Ive always loved this song. Every timeI hear it I'm instantly taken back to rushing through the side streets outside Maine Road with my Grandad on the way to the game. We were always almost late, just arriving at kick off to our seats.

I always thought it was the 81 cup final song. It say 1972 squad. Did we release anything for 81?
I don't think we did have a song for the 81 cup final, maybe we re-released boys in blue.
Everytime I hear it I go back to being pissed wet through and freezing cold at the etihad, we'd played shite under Pearce again and lost and this happy cheery little ditty comes on ha ha, always takes me back to that moment. Weird!

i wish this final would have happened in February or early March like it is supposed to so we'd have ages to deal with the CL afterwards.
Worry that Pep will field a B team today and Spurs will play their best.

Been nervous about this since we knew we were playing them. But woken up feeling positive we will have the quality and know-how to win today.

Come on City! Then let's go and get revenge against Pochettino on Wednesday.

Spurs new manager will start bale Son and Kane be all our attack meaning we will have chances we need to take them Id play Ferran as our striker Sterling on the the right and Jesus on the left...

I see Peps dilemma this is definitely the lesser cup. We have bigger fish to fry. I kinda think Pep knows what he is doing when trying to pick a team. I’d question it if Alan Ball was in charge or shall we say Frank Clarke.. perish the thought.
Alan Ball & Frank Clarke would never even in their wildest dreams be anywhere near the position we're in today.

Get today done, 3/4 days rest and go again.

First thing I saw us win live in '76, always been a special trophy for me. Held it on a JB tour of Maine Road while chatting to DT. Keep it at our home today boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.