Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a similar, if not slightly inferior, team to the Chelsea semi last week (de Bruyne won’t play no matter how ready he is).

But I’d play the front the differently.

Jesus is a nuisance to defences on the left and is brilliant defensively for us; Sterling is a better team player on the right; and Torres has a bit of a poacher’s nack of getting on the end of things. So I’d go:

Jesus——Torres——Sterling

up front.

I think it will be a similar, if not slightly inferior, team to the Chelsea semi last week (de Bruyne won’t play no matter how ready he is).

But I’d play the front the differently.

Jesus is a nuisance to defences on the left and is brilliant defensively for us; Sterling is a better team player on the right; and Torres has a bit of a poacher’s nack of getting on the end of things. So I’d go:

Jesus——Torres——Sterling

up front.
If Ferran starts, He has to start up top, Wasting our time starting him out wide.
Gabby is brilliant coming in from the left. If it was those three starting, It has to be this.

I’ve already consigned this as a loss. Started on the Jack Daniels already, if we are so bothered about the CL, don’t bother using first team players in CC. No point getting to a Final, to just throw it away in favour of another competition which we won’t be allowed to win.
Get the PL games won, and anything else is a bonus.
Back at the time I don’t think we were thinking much about the final being in late April, or what games were going to be coming up after it. The EFL Cup semi was back at the normal semi time of 6th January when the game after it was Birmingham at home in the FA Cup.

We could play a strong team at Old Scaffold and rest players against Birmingham.

But now, we’ve got our first CL semi for 5 years coming up, and we’ve still got a league title to go and win.

The mindset between the semi and now is completely different.

I agree. The Prem is most important, Pep said it again midweek at Villa. Get that won as the priority and let’s see what else happens. But for today, I’d say, despite being a final against a long hated rival... you could argue it’s the least important game.

should the number 2 keeper be playing after the last time he made a big mistakes in the FA cup ?
ok its been said that pep uses his 2nd team keeper in cups games but sorry its a final and a loss hurts

i would love a win today to get rid of all the demons from 1981 fa cup final ? that tommy hutchison moment does need a new page . it was cruel because city had it won and lost it. only to be winning again in the replay and lost it again

lets hope for a bit of Argentina magic in blue this time with aguero

should the number 2 keeper be playing after the last time he made a big mistakes in the FA cup ?
ok its been said that pep uses his 2nd team keeper in cups games but sorry its a final and a loss hurts

i would love a win today to get rid of all the demons from 1981 fa cup final ? that tommy hutchison moment does need a new page . it was cruel because city had it won and lost it. only to be winning again in the replay and lost it again

lets hope for a bit of Argentina magic in blue this time with aguero

Had Pantilimon started the FA Cup final in '13 he'd probably have kept the winner out. Had Caballero not started the '16 League Cup final vs Liverpool we would never have had the 3 penalty saves. Had Bravo been dropped for the '18 final, Pep's first trophy, there's no way Caballero would've been able to hit that pass to assist Agüero's opener.

Swapping keepers is a dangerous game and sods law dictates that Eddie will probably accidentally throw the ball in his own net or something if he starts.

He has his reasons for not utilising his subs as often as people would like. You might not agree with him but it's served us well so far this season.
Except leading up to & including the rags Leeds & Chelsea & probably today
These players are elite sportsmen, do you really think they are not capable of playing 70-90 odd minutes today & the same again Wed. If any need a rest let them have it next weekend .Moral will be shit if we balls this up so soon after the Chelsea shit show

Last edited:
Back at the time I don’t think we were thinking much about the final being in late April, or what games were going to be coming up after it. The EFL Cup semi was back at the normal semi time of 6th January when the game after it was Birmingham at home in the FA Cup.

We could play a strong team at Old Scaffold and rest players against Birmingham.

But now, we’ve got our first CL semi for 5 years coming up, and we’ve still got a league title to go and win.

The mindset between the semi and now is completely different.

I agree. The Prem is most important, Pep said it again midweek at Villa. Get that won as the priority and let’s see what else happens. But for today, I’d say, despite being a final against a long hated rival... you could argue it’s the least important game.
It is a cup final ! You dont go for a day out

My heart and mind are a bit conflicted with thus game. In years gone by, never in my wildest dreams did I ever feel that City would ever contemplate not putting out their best 11 to give 100% in a cup final at Wembley. However here we are. My heart says come on City give it everything today and bring the cup home. However, my head understands the importance of the champs semi final to the club. But the memories of 81 still haunt me so let's give it a really good go today. Come out of the blocks flying, score early and win it. Rest players by taking them off, not bring them on to try and salvage something when it's too late. To all travelling blues, enjoy the day, stay safe and sing your hearts out. I'm sure you'll do is proud.

Spurs won’t do much except counterattack and hope for penalties, but Pep is getting predictable even when rotating. Play Mendy up top as a true number 9 and Sterling at left back with enough pace to manage Son. Steffen deserves to play but at right back with Walker in net against his old club. Ederson can come on if we need energy in midfield or a penalty-taker. After this week football could do with a bit of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.