Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People wanting Pep to play our strongest team... Do you realise that the final may go to extra time, and 5 of our potential starters vs PSG may have to play 120 minutes 2 days before travelling to Paris? Not going to happen.

People wanting Pep to play our strongest team... Do you realise that the final may go to extra time, and 5 of our potential starters vs PSG may have to play 120 minutes 2 days before travelling to Paris? Not going to happen.
I think some of us have seen quite enough from all this squad rotation. By all means change where needed, but to put out an entirely different starting XI, including the keeper is proving to be problematic. Recently we’ve looked a mess at the back.

We have played three big games in a row before with mininal rotation. The lads controlled the game last night and there's no reason they can't play Sunday and Wednesday.

PSG might be more rested but sometimes a consistent team brings improved performances as everyone knows their roles and is more comfortable and aware of where to pass the ball. We were class last night for long periods.

We can make changes for Palace if we need to.

If Pep makes another 7-8 changes and we lose, he will get slaughtered!

He’s all about “titles,” and I think he will play a strong team with a few (3-4) changes.

My beef is why not show some consistency with the team selection and then rest players using THE FIVE FUCKING SUBS WE NEVER USE...and when we do use a few of them, it’s always too late!?!

I think some of us have seen quite enough from all this squad rotation. By all means change where needed, but to put out an entirely different starting XI, including the keeper is proving to be problematic. Recently we’ve looked a mess at the back.

Pep sees the big picture and takes risks with the lesser trophies in order to enhance the chance of winning the big trophies. Also, he manages a squad, and not 11-13 players. Treating the squad players as also-rans is counterproductive.

People wanting Pep to play our strongest team... Do you realise that the final may go to extra time, and 5 of our potential starters vs PSG may have to play 120 minutes 2 days before travelling to Paris? Not going to happen
He should play a strong team. Pep needs to utilise his subs better.
Against Villa no sub until the last minute. I am ignoring the enforced sub for the John Stonrs sending off.
Doesn't mean he has to play all his proposed starters for the PSG match.
Stones is suspended for the Carabao final but apart from him and De Bruyne, Pep has a large enough squad to put in his strongest team out for the PSG match and a reasonably strong squad for the Carabao cup final.

If Pep makes another 7-8 changes and we lose, he will get slaughtered!
By some fans, yes.

Pep has won more trophies than any manager in history (not named Ferguson, and Ferguson was far off Pep's tally of trophies when he was 50 y.o.). To want to teach Pep what to do and how to win trophies is quite ambitious.

Last edited:
My beef is why not show some consistency with the team selection and then rest players using THE FIVE FUCKING SUBS WE NEVER USE...and when we do use a few of them, it’s always too late!?!
Agree.
He brought Mahrez off so late last night that by the time he made it back to the bench the match was over.

Mega rotation incoming.
With PSG on Wednesday and Palace on Saturday early kick off then PSG the following Tuesday it's inevitable ( just look at that schedule).
Steffan
Cancelo
Laporte
Ake
Mendy
Fern
Garcia
Doyle
Sterling
Jesus (Aguero?)
Torres

Maybe switch Ake into the middle with Fern and move Garcia back to partner Eric?

Last edited:
Play the strongest side only. We haven't come this far to throw away the chance of a trophy. Plus we play a weakened side not only do we risk losing but we could do some players more damage with an extra 30 and penalties, not to mention the draining effects of a defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.